BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW chip tuning, ecu repair, ISN / SK calculation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2017, 11:42 AM

Car: Mini R56
Default Bosch MED17.2 bricked by Service Dealer, Repairable?

Hello Guys,

i have a Bosch MED17.2 ECU for a 08' Mini Cooper S.
The Service Dealer bricked it when he tried to Update the Vehicle (Update Process aborted). Finally, they installed a new one.

Is there any possibility to recover the ECU via
- OBD
- with a dedicated Flasher(Kess, Galletto...)?

Yours, Scooot.

Old 06-11-2017, 01:52 PM

Car: BMW

Does ECU answer or not?
scooot (06-11-2017)
Old 06-11-2017, 03:25 PM

Car: Mini R56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny View Post
Does ECU answer or not?
Hello Evgeny,
i think the ECU does not answer anymore. As the Workshop explained, they got Help directly from Munich (TeamViewer or whatever), but the Technician wasn't able to recover it. Finally they swapped it. Thats what they told to the owner

I have no ability to open and directly access with a flasher, because i don't own one. I'm afraid of simply plugging the ECU into my Car and test by myself, because this ECU does not belong into my Car (Immobilizer Problems will occur?).

Anyway, since i found out that one ECU can only be paired with one CAS, because of the OTP Section in the ECU, the main idea got sensless, because CAS was also swapped in the workshop . Didn't knew that, sorry.