BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 05:41 AM

Car: 2007 E90 320i
Default [NCS] Can’t Delete VO Option in ‘Enter FA’

I'm aware that 'normally', you’re supposed to load Expert Mode Profile then after having your VIN/VO acknowledged, use the ‘Enter FA’ function to add or delete SA options.

Many guides specify, “To delete an option highlight the desired option then press the delete button on the keyboard”.

The reason I’ve started this thread is because I could not find any info on what needs to be done if an SA option will not delete even when selected and the Delete key on the keyboard is pressed. Note, I can add but I cannot delete an option in the ‘Enter FA’ editing window.

Has anyone encountered this and a solution before? Thanks in advance!

Old 04-12-2013, 02:21 PM

Thanks to fdriller9 and icuc (from another forum), for pointing towards the 'delete' key itself as the possible issue.

I first tried ‘command+delete’ - it did not work. I then whipped out the beastly USB keyboard with all kinds of stuff on it – the ‘Delete’ key worked!!!

I have a feeling that the delete key on my MacBook Air was functioning as a ‘back space’ key rather than a ‘delete’ in NCS Expert (I didn’t notice this in other programs at all though).

Here’s the blasphemous setup I had going for one goddamn ‘Delete’ key – SICK!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg For Delete Key.jpg (138.9 KB, 29 views)
Old 06-27-2013, 03:22 PM

Car: 2010 e60

You can also use 'function - delete' on a mac, without having to use a USB keyboard. fn-del will behave like the 'traditional' delete button on a PC keyboard.
The Following User Says Thank You to ronmexico For This Useful Post:
tinkerman (06-27-2013)
Old 06-27-2013, 06:01 PM

Yeah, I noticed that recently... At the time I must have tried pressing 'Delete' with 'control'/'option(alt)'/'command' keys without success, and probably thought that the 'fn'(function) key was for just for accessing the alternate functions of the 'function keys', so didn't bother with it . It was still fun to whip out the old beastly keyboard, and laugh at my situation at the time.