BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2015, 05:14 PM

Car: BMW 523i
Default 1999 e39 523i DME-EWS Sync every week problem

Hi there! I'm from Sweden and I have a tricky question for u guys! (sorry for bad English)

I have a problem with my car, will try to make my story here short.

I have had some problems with my BMW for a while and lost my hope.

Once every week my car wont start, The car cranks but it wont start.

I have I got myself a program called INPA and BMW Scanner and tried to read the vehicle's fault codes with them and come to the following:

80 [128] DME-EWS Interface

D1 [209] Anti-tempering protection EWS

When I make a synchronization between the DME-EWS, The car works another week.

I left my car here in Sweden at the BMW workshop and they say that is probably the DME that must be replaced and that it costs about 30: 000 and they can not guarantee that it is error.

That said, I've Googled as a guru and come to any conclusions:

1: Could it be the crankshaft sensor (I have changed the Camshaftsensor) that haunts? But then maybye the car wont start when I make synchronization?

2: Can there be the sync between the keys / ring to the EWS? But then the programs should find error codes that indicate that the keys are not sync?

3: Install new software? I have read on a forum ( [Only for registered users... ]) ) that there is a hardware failure and its needed to reprogram the car's DME.

Or can i buy an old DME and with some help from u guys (i will pay money) flash it to a "new" DME and sync it with the EWS?

Please help me before my hair turns grey :)

Old 09-01-2015, 06:58 PM

Someone?!

I want to give it a try on update the software in the dme with winkfp. Where do i find the newest software for my DME?
Old 09-04-2015, 06:06 PM

Car: 328i

How old is your battery? Does the problem happen after the car sits for a while (and battery has a chance to drain down)? Do you have more than one key for the car and if so does this happen regardless of which one you use?
Old 09-07-2015, 07:09 PM

my battery is brand new. The problem dosent happend after the car sits for a while, its like its weekly based problem. Yes i have 2 keys but i only use one, when i have the problem i try both keeys but no improvment :(

Any ideas?