BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2015, 02:59 PM

Car: BMW F20 116d M Sport, BMW 330ci E46 M Sport
Default 2004 bmw e46 electric folding mirrors

Hey!

Over the last year I've been slowly working on a project. My mirrors went strange so I decided to upgrade to electric folding mirrors.
Now I had electric memory seats, my car is an 2004 e46 with ribbon connection mirrors.

Now from the research I did, all I needed to do was buy the electric fold mirrors - so I did from bmw - and a new colour coded switch, install them all and code them. I used ncs expert to code the new feature to the vehicle order on the two ECUs, and recoded them to fold.

Now my problem is, they won't fold with the button or the key. When you press the button, it makes the mirrors completely unactive ( can't adjust the movable mirrors) for about 30 seconds. They come up as an error code saying left hand and right hand folding mirror open circuit. They have the correct fusing in the fuse box.

Just wondering if anyone knows if I've missed anything? I can't find the memory modules in the car, anyone know where they'll be located, they're not behind the door cards.

Many thanks

Old 03-13-2015, 10:13 PM

Car: E46-330Ci

Your E46 is from 2004, there are no modules (FTM / BTM) behind the doorcards for this year, the options are in the GM5 module.

Read the GM5 with NCS (or recode the GM5 to defaultsettings with the expertprofile) and search for parameter "BEIKLAPPEN_GM" and check if it's set to aktiv.

Also, "open circuit" means that they are not connected, so make sure they are wired correctly.

But first try to set the parameter to aktiv to make sure if they work.

Last edited by BMR-E46; 03-13-2015 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:02 PM

Car: 318CI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richrit View Post
Hey!

Over the last year I've been slowly working on a project. My mirrors went strange so I decided to upgrade to electric folding mirrors.
Now I had electric memory seats, my car is an 2004 e46 with ribbon connection mirrors.

Now from the research I did, all I needed to do was buy the electric fold mirrors - so I did from bmw - and a new colour coded switch, install them all and code them. I used ncs expert to code the new feature to the vehicle order on the two ECUs, and recoded them to fold.

Now my problem is, they won't fold with the button or the key. When you press the button, it makes the mirrors completely unactive ( can't adjust the movable mirrors) for about 30 seconds. They come up as an error code saying left hand and right hand folding mirror open circuit. They have the correct fusing in the fuse box.

Just wondering if anyone knows if I've missed anything? I can't find the memory modules in the car, anyone know where they'll be located, they're not behind the door cards.

Many thanks
Im am having an issue after retrofitting folding mirrors to my 10/1999 318CI.

Mirrors works fine from the drivers side door (fold-unfold) but cant make them
work with remote.

Tried NCS but could not find a suitable command in GM5 module.
It is a pre-facelift model so i dont have BTM/FTM modules.
Managed to change ZCS SA number in EWS and KMB and include folding mirrors option but still when i lock the car even if i press and hold lock again they dont fold

For the retrofit i used the Control Unit/module outside mirror fold-in function P/N: 61358376506

Do you have any suggestions what im missing?

Thank you in advance.