BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 03:45 AM

Car: 2010 E70 X5
Default 2010 E70 BMW X5 - DIY Coding

Hi All

I have done a ton of reading on this forum it has a wealth of information. So thank you to all who have contributed.

I have recently bought my first BMW and am waiting for it to be shipped over interstate to me. Its an X5 (MY 01/11/2009). My objectives are to change some of the coding to do the following:
* Idrive disclaimer removal
* Tailgate closure on the keyfob and cabin buttons
* Mirrors fold on keyfob lock
* Windows and sunroof close on keyfob lock

Ill feedback as this progresses.

- I have ordered a K+DCAN USB Interface cable.
- I have downloaded a Standard Tools 2.12 pack (it included DATEN V49 for E8X cars)
- I have installed the pack using the install file on windows 8 using XP compatibility mode (it looked like it installed ok, but ill have to test when the car and cable arrive)
- Have gathered the information from other forum members who have had success coding the above.

Q1: I suspect Ill need to find DATEN files for E7x cards to which I believe the latest release with an E7x update is v50.4 - I'm still googling for a download close to this. Can anyone confirm that this is correct?
Q2: The car has the latest software updates from BMW (Would this affect my choice of DATEN or is that software different to the control module software?
Q3: Do I need to get DATEN files that match the current version of software install and Would there be any negative affects to using an older DATEN files (ie would it override newer software that has been installed)?
Q4: Has anyone used the compatibilty mode of windows 8 to succesfully run the software? or failing which a virtual machine running XP?
Q5: Does the version of standard tools make a difference to the coding? Ie running 2.12 wont work on 2010 E70 and I should look for a more recent version.?

Old 05-09-2014, 09:18 AM

Car: E60

It's mine hobby, i'm not professional so can have errors
Q1: U completely right, if u plan to code u need daten for E70, i sow somewhere on inet v52
Q2: firstly u need to check what soft has u car i think
Q3: u need to have at least the same version u have in car or newer to avoid problems.
Q4: u a not obligate to use windows xp
Q5: 2.12 works fine on x64 architecture!

PS. In my opinion u havn't ton reading and u need it more to avoid brick u car

Last edited by roma_pop; 05-09-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Tags
e70 coding, standard tools