BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2015, 02:33 PM

Car: i3
Default Accidentally disabled PDC

I was coding my BMW i3 and accidentally disabled the PDC, I no longer see the graphic nor have beeping when close to objects. I don't have the camera, just the sensors, so there is no PDC button but according to the manual there should be a setting in iDrive to enable/disable PDC under Parking but this section does not exist on my car.

The changes I intended to make were simple things, such as disabling the auto-lock, seatbelt warnings, increase the REX fuel tank to 9 litres, etc. The only setting related to the PDC that I considered changing was hu_nbt -> 3001 -> MACRO_CAM_LEGALDISCLAIMER but since my car doesn't have the camera I don't get the disclaimer so I didn't change it.

Any thoughts on which setting(s) I may have changed? Even suggestions of which module(s) to look in would be helpful.

BTW, two things that I noted are different on the i3 than is documented for other cars:

1. hu_nbt -> 3000 -> DOOR_LOCK_AFTER_DRIVING_AWAY does not enable/disable autolocking but adds an iDrive option to turn it on/off, so counterintuitively this needs to be set to aktiv to disable autolocking.

2. the setting to remember the climate control on/off state (ihka3 -> 3000->OFF_MEMORY) does not work as expected, setting it to aktiv causes the climate control to turn off every time the car is started.

marcos

Tags
bmwi3, coding, pdc