BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 10:55 PM

Car: E39 530i
Default Any Bay Area CA expert to DECONFIGURE Daytime Running Light DRL

Does any expert have the cable & software installed on laptop (Complete Setup) in the Bay Area, California?

I've been reading quite a few threads, but so many variations, a bit confusing. Need help.

I am trying to deconfigure the DayTime Running Light on E39 530i, & unlock all doors when the key is removed.
Current setup of my E39 has the DRL, it doesn't go well with LED angel light. And is it a setting to unlock all doors?

I will love to bring a case of beer, and enjoy the sunny weather.

I have the car almost 6 months with low mileage 50K+ Sport, Cold, Premium, & Nav. The last female owner drove 5000miles a year.

Please send a private message.

Thanks.
Jason

Old 03-13-2014, 02:34 PM

Car: 03 x5,06 530xit,87 325is race car

DRL and other standart functions could be coded with Progman/ISTA.I am not sure E39 can open all doors after engine shut-off.
If you are going down to LA I can help you with that.
The Following User Says Thank You to bawareca For This Useful Post:
REV HRD (03-13-2014)
Old 03-13-2014, 05:08 PM

Yeah the feature of Auto Unlock all doors is not available.

In additional to DRL, I searched other threads other features. Do you have in yours?

1) Window auto up (raise) feature when holding the lock button (this is usually deactivated on US cars, but the windows should roll down when you hold the unlock button).

2) Armed alarm confirmation with siren chirp??? Not sure what exactly does?

3) Selective unlocking (first touch of the unlock button unlock driver's door second touch unlocks all doors; when not active first touch unlocks all doors)

4) Automatic locking after car in in motion. Done in my car already

5) Climate control memory settings

6) Activate rear airbags if you have them (the default setting was deactivated in the US due to concerns for small children in the back seat. I don't remember if they were physically plugged in or not, but regardless pretty sure the final activation step needs to be done with a computer).
Old 03-13-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawareca View Post
DRL and other standart functions could be coded with Progman/ISTA.I am not sure E39 can open all doors after engine shut-off.
If you are going down to LA I can help you with that.
Greatly thanks! Let me see if I have a trip to So Cal. Also what cable do you recommend from ebay or amazon? It seems there is so many sellers, don't know what spec of cable to look for the E39.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:16 PM

Car: 03 x5,06 530xit,87 325is race car

I bought one from a guy on the forums,but didnt have chance to use it yet.I have a program that reads and writes the coding by itself nad is using it's own interface.