BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2013, 04:56 AM

Car: '02 BMW 330ci, 2011 335d
Default Anyone offer E46 cluster erase service

My original cluster died sort of, many LEDs burned out. Attempt to fix it resulted in gauge needles messed up. I was able to get a used cluster with lower mileage but I want to correct it to the actual mileage.

I don't care about he damper dot, I just want true odometer readings to help me with things such as maintenance. It seems you can buy an eraser, pull the PROM from the cluster and wipe it clean, making it appear as a new cluster. From there I am sure I can handle the coding of the VIN and the mileage will transfer over to it.

Having botched one disassembly job, I am not of a mind to screw of this nearly pristine cluster.

Does anyone know of a service that will take your cluster in, wipe it clean and return it in a state that it can be installed and accurately reflect the mileage?