BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2017, 01:06 AM

Car: E46
Default Bmw e83 ista/d egs

Question for the Forum. I updated an E83s software and after the update the EGS is not communicating with the DME. My theory is either the newer DME software cannot communicate with the original EGS software or the EGS software was corrupted during the update. When I run ISTA/D or P it says cannot communicate with EGS.

Any ideas for options? The car now has a brake and abs light on the dash and I think it is in failsafe mode (3rd gear).

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:13 PM

I am making some progress with WinKFP however I need to identify which ZB number to use for the TCM ECU. I know the TCM is a GM1912 and I have read INPA will provide the ZB number. When I run INPA and select E83 I get an error: "Couldn't find INPA configuration file: c:\EC-Apps\INPA\BIN\..\cfgdat\E83.ENG.

Any idea on where to locate these ENG files?
Old 02-08-2017, 04:37 AM

Car: 2004 X5

Good day!

I am going off memory here so please don't shoot me if I'm wrong... I will also make a point to verify when I get home... Working graveyard shift, so getting home will be early A.M. on Wednesday...

I am fairly confident that all the cfgdat info is in your daten folder... Did you use BMWtools (I think it's called) to pull the data into EC-Apps\BIN.....?

I'll try to get to this first thing tomorrow when I get home and update as needed...

I'm actually trying to do something similar with my E53... My ISTA/P isn't programming the EGS properly for some reason... Everything talks and nothing faults or fails during the procedure, but it just isn't right after it's done... Going to try my programming again and see if I can get it to behave... If not, I think I'm going to part out the vehicle!!

Cheers!!
Old 02-09-2017, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamx5 View Post
Good day!

I am going off memory here so please don't shoot me if I'm wrong... I will also make a point to verify when I get home... Working graveyard shift, so getting home will be early A.M. on Wednesday...

I am fairly confident that all the cfgdat info is in your daten folder... Did you use BMWtools (I think it's called) to pull the data into EC-Apps\BIN.....?

I'll try to get to this first thing tomorrow when I get home and update as needed...

I'm actually trying to do something similar with my E53... My ISTA/P isn't programming the EGS properly for some reason... Everything talks and nothing faults or fails during the procedure, but it just isn't right after it's done... Going to try my programming again and see if I can get it to behave... If not, I think I'm going to part out the vehicle!!

Cheers!!
Thanks William! I was assuming this forum was fairly vacant since no responses. I was able to fix the car using autologic software. I would like to figure out how you get INPA working. When I install BMW tools INPA is missing all of the src files and configuration files.