BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 10:46 AM

Car: 116i
Default BMW E87 FRM1 to FRM3 problem.. need help!

Hey!
I got a 2006 BMW E87 without and it has the NSW FRM1 module.
I bought the FRM3 BASIS module for non-xenon cause i wanted welcome lights and a few other features!

I installed it, then i used WINKFP to program the module.
WINKFP couldent find ZB (ZUSB) number 9249080 so i used update z.usb, chose FRM3R, then inserted my VIN code and then i programmed the module.
It programmed the module sucessful and then i started toolset32 and wrote my VIN to the FRM module. After that i stared INPA and verified that both the VIN and ZUSB number was correct! Then i started NCS EXPERT and wrote the CAS VO to the FRM VO, and then i programmed it using a blank MAN file in Revtors profile!

Everything works like it should, except one thing, the brake lights!!! :(
The middle brake light at the tailgate works, but right and left brake light doesent work at all.. Rear fog light is lit because it says that my brake lights are defect.
I got two error messages in the FRM module, and that is:

A8BC Schlusslicht rechts 2, R56: Seitenmarkierungsleuchte rechts vorne, links hinten defekt, E84: Schlusslicht/Bremslicht rechts defekt

A8BB Schlusslicht links 2, R56: Seitenmarkierungsleuchte links vorne, rechts hinten defekt, E84: Schlusslicht/Bremslicht links defekt

I also opened DIS and verified the same error messages, and i also checked with DIS for short circuit but the circuit was okey but RIGHT and LEFT brake light has no output at all. I measured the brake wire at the taillight connector, and it gets no power from the FRM3 module :(

I really need help! Everything else works like a charm but my brake lights wont work :( I tried reprogramming the module and recoding it with no luck, still the same problem.

I also chcked the short circuit counter in toolset32 for each lamp, but all of them was =0 so that isent the problem either.

I really need help and i hope some of you can help me! :)

How can i fix my brake lights???

Old 08-02-2013, 10:07 PM

anyone? :)
Old 08-06-2013, 12:41 PM

noone that can help me? :(
Old 08-31-2013, 06:37 PM

Car: E90 330XD

I have the same troubles with coding FRM3 on E90 as topicstarter. Changed headlights to LCI version, coded FRM3, but front right parking light doesnt work. DIS shows short circuit on this line. If i code FRM3 with preLCI manufacturing date in FA parking light works (but have problems with bixenon), but if I change manufacturing date to LCI time right parking light have a short circuit error. Also additional turn indicators doesnt work in both configurations. Please help.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstant View Post
I have the same troubles with coding FRM3 on E90 as topicstarter. Changed headlights to LCI version, coded FRM3, but front right parking light doesnt work. DIS shows short circuit on this line. If i code FRM3 with preLCI manufacturing date in FA parking light works (but have problems with bixenon), but if I change manufacturing date to LCI time right parking light have a short circuit error. Also additional turn indicators doesnt work in both configurations. Please help.
Hmm thats wierd!

I will try too code the FRM3 with the preLCI manufacturing date to see if that works, i think i already have tried it but i cant remember correctly :)
But the FRM3 is supposed to set the manufacturing date by itself! When coding FRM2 you need to change manufacturing date every time you are coding but the FRM3 should adapt to the correct date by itself!
Old 11-18-2013, 07:25 AM

Car: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstant View Post
I have the same problem , the fact i didnt replace the FRM , The tailight still does not light up , but when i open the boot everthing works fine ? can anyone help me , I tried to flash the frm with winkFP , but nothing changed !
Old 12-30-2013, 04:10 PM

Default frm1 to frm3 bmw e87

For alle those people that have a pre-facelift E87 with FRM1 that wants to change to the FRM2 or FRM3 unit, they have to change some pins in the FRM light connectors to make all lights work after upgrade! :)

All lights will work except the right and left brake lights because the pin assignments in the connectors are different for the brake lights between FRM1 and FRM2/3!

For cars without xenon you have to change: (Also for cars with xenon)
1. Grey/Yellow wire from Pin 41 in the X14261 connector to Pin 18 in the X14260 connector which is the brake signal wire for the right brakelight.
2. Grey/Violet wire from Pin 14 in the X14260 connector to Pin 16 in the X14260 connector which is the brake signal wire for the left brakelight.

Cars with FRM1 uses a combined Brake/Parklight so after changing these pins, the brake light will be dimmed when not braking and will light up when braking just like it should. If you like me, have changed to the facelift LED taillights, you have to code the FRM2 / FRM 3 unit to disable the rear parklights, cause the LED stripes are already the park lights, so if you dont code the unit, you will have both the LEDs and the dimmed brake light lit as park lights :)

For cars with xenon and HIGH LED taillights you have to change:
1. Grey/Yellow wire from Pin 41 in the X14261 to Pin 9 in the X14261 connector which is the brake signal wire for the right brakelight.
2. Grey/Violet wire from Pin 14 in the X14260 to Pin 43 in the X14261 connector which is the brake signal wire for the left brakelight.

Optional for proper HIGH LED taillight retrofit to power the LED lights (only works for cars with xenon FRM unit):
3. A wire from Pin 16 in the X14260 connector to Pin 4 in the left taillight connector.
4. A Wire from pin 18 in the 14260 connector to Pin 4 in the right taillight connector.

Congratz! You now have a have pre-facelift 1 series E87 working perfectly with FRM2 or FRM3 unit with or without xenon!
Best regards Bjørne Øen
The Following User Says Thank You to bjorneoen For This Useful Post:
740i (01-10-2014)
Old 02-16-2014, 10:53 AM

Car: 120d vFL

Hey , thanks very much for the information !

Can you tell me how to code the normal (no led) tail lights out?
Old 02-17-2014, 06:32 AM

Car: 120d vFL

Done it yesterday evening , just put +MEUB to FA , and after load that to CAS and FRM , Load FRM with empty .MAN file .
Now i am waiting for FRM 3 Basis to install it on my e87 prefacelift ..

Hope that work out as easy as you say...

Is there anything special to take care of when installing a "new FRM 3" from a 2009 Bmw e87, except the pins for brakelight?

Brgds mario
Old 05-15-2014, 10:55 AM

Car: BMW 325i

Hello All,

Can you explain how you re-pin those connectors?

Thanks