BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 11:18 AM

Car: Various
Default Bmw f10 cas

Good afternoon,

I've got a BMW F10, which has had a Blocker installed on the CAS Board. One of the wires which connect to where the original chip should be has lost the solder join from the CAS board and disappeared. Is this going to be a new CAS, or is it going to be a CAS repair on the board. The car currently won't do anything because the wire is not connected to the CAS board correctly, I've got some pictures if they'd help you chaps understand the predicament a bit more.

Another question, I've got the two original keys, however what do I need to do if I purchase a new CAS unit, also what sort of cost am I looking at if I order a new CAS from BMW? Will I need to order new keys or because I've got the original keys will they work ok straight away as soon as the new CAS is plugged in or does the CAS unit come Pre-programmed to the car from BMW?

Many thanks.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:44 AM

Car: Various

I believe I've put this in the wrong section, do apologise, feel free to move it if needed.