BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2017, 01:58 PM

Car: 2007 530xi
Default BMW INPA or Code Reader for Novice?

'07 BMW 530xi sedan

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and would like some advice please. I'm trying to decide whether I should get a scanner tool in lieu or addition to my BMW software. I have the INPA Ediabas NcsExpert DIS v57 SSS v32 software on my computer and hook it up via under-dash cable.

The problem is I do not know how to use the BMW software and find it very frustrating. The only thing I've managed to do is register a new battery.

I don't know how to use or navigate through the software to read error codes and I've been unable to find support for such, so I'm thinking about purchasing one of the following scanners.

1. Peake R5
2. Carecar AET-I
3. Creator C-310
4. iCarsoft i-910 II
5. FOXWELL NT510

Can anyone recommend any of the scanners above or should I just stick with my computer and BMW software? If the later, which program do I use and exactly how do I navigate through it in order to read code errors?

I just thought maybe a scanner tool would be convenient and then if I needed to program something maybe I could get support with the INPA.

Thanks,
Ralph