BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2015, 08:12 PM

Car: 335d
Default BMWhat Carly App Killed my Lighting System (FRM)

I'm not sure anyone else has had problems with BMW Carly, but I've been having issues with it ever since I received it. And yes, I have their Carly bluetooth adapter.
But, as the title says, my lighting system (FRM in the app) has failed while I was loading from the Carly app. I simply wanted to change the turn signal blinks back from 1 blink to 3 blinks (I actually never changed this in the app - it apparently changed it on its own when I loaded it the 1st time). And that is when I got the error message and practically none of the electronic components work (windows, interior lighting, etc.).
I tried to do a backup but the app keeps giving me a failure to communicate with the FRM. I disconnected the negative battery over night with no success and the battery is fully charged.

Has this happened to anyone?
Need help please.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:22 PM

Car: BMW

My guess : never use a bluetooth tool to update a firmware. Shit happen even with a cable sometimes... don't add things to equations -_-'

Take a decent ICOM or KDCAN and try to load a firmware in it..
Old 09-25-2015, 03:52 AM

Car: 335d

I have ordered one, but if the bluetooth is not communicating, as it did before, then I doubt I will be able to communicate with it hardwired (who knows - i guess worth a shot).
Otherwise, any other suggestions besides a new FRM?