BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2016, 03:11 PM

Car: 120d
Default Bricked ECU help

Hi there basically I was trying to read fault codes so I use the K+DCAN cable to look at the diagnostics with E87 08' 120d.

I have a VMware image which has Rheingold, ISTA-P, WinFKP and many more software in it...

I know what I did wrong was I clicked ISTA-P (I suppose to use Rheingold), and whilst it is communicating with the car the progress bar suggest it takes 2 hours. There is no way to stop it so I close the program and unplug the cable to try to load Rheingold software again..

Now when I plug the car key into the car, the car have no response at all (like without battery). The car seems to be bricked like car cannot be locked, windows cannot roll up, steering lock is locked... although headlights are on so it indicates battery still good...

After a while I try to load ISTA-P again and it can communicate with the ECU, saying that the four modules in MOST cannot be communicated. The suggested action was to "replace" so I accepted but failed to replace.

I have the K+DCAN cable, my friend told me I cannot reprogram the MOST module in ISTA-P unless I have ICOM cable which is restricted to dealer's only.

However I was told WINKFP can do the job even I have the K+DCAN cable. Is there any guide I could follow to reprogram the MOST module... I am pretty doomed now because I cannot roll the windows up and lock the car...

Please help!
Gabriel

The Following User Says Thank You to gabrielwong1991 For This Useful Post:
resistro (12-29-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 07:40 PM

Car: 2003

I had that happen to me on my '04 E60! I even bought a used DME, CAS and key cause I thought it was bricked for good. Although you think it's completely dead, you can still communicate with it. I did end up using WinKFP (or NCS Expert. I can't recall which was for Coding/Programing) to restore the original DME. I can't recall exactly how I did it-it was so long ago, but keep looking around. You CAN fix it.

Last edited by resistro; 12-29-2016 at 07:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to resistro For This Useful Post:
nanotech (12-30-2016)
Old 01-15-2017, 09:38 PM

Car: BMW 530i 2007
Default Are you sure your battery is not dead?

Two hours??!?! I bet there is something wrong with your battery.
Don't panic!
[Didn't mean to wake an old thread up!]
Someone may have similar problem, it is very rare that ISTA broke your ECUs, It wouldn't!

Last edited by iman760; 01-15-2017 at 09:41 PM.