BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2018, 07:38 PM

Car: 335i
Default Cannot get connection to car

Guys,

I am new to this, but an IT professional. I have been working on getting this working for a week or two and have been digging through forums the whole time. I have not been able to find any straight up current guide, most the posts are 5 to 7 years old and I am not sure if they are even valid. I am trying to recode my car from lead to a solid state battery, and start playing around with other coding, and possibly reflashing the transmission. The car is a 09 e92 335.

I have tried running Mikes BMW install which has the BMW Coding tool, INPA, NCS Dummy and Expert, WinFKP and Tool32. All the software will load. I also have the cable. I plugged the cable into my laptop, Windows 10, it automatically installs the drivers found on the FTDI website, the 2.12.28 set. I have set the COM port to 1 and the latency to 1 also.

When I try to interface the PC with the car though I get the following errors when testing connectivity.
INPA I get IFH-0009 No response from CONTROLUNIT.
Tool32 when trying to load MDS80 I get SYS-0010: Initialization ERROR

At this point I was thinking the cable was bad but did one last step trying to troubleshoot the cable, I hooked my phone with Carly free version, up to the cable and tried to connect over USB. Well this worked and it create a connection.

At this point I am not sure if the software suite is bad, the install order was not correct or there is something I am missing. Anyone will to give me a hand to get this sorted as I am beyond frustrated.

Cheers!!

Last edited by Klever; 02-09-2018 at 08:22 PM.

Old 03-25-2018, 06:51 PM

Car: 335D

Don't use Mikes, it throws errors ...
For now better to use Ista/P with Icom, all is auto done.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:50 PM

Car: BMW- 335I 6MT & 530Xi 6AT

Did you check Serial Enumator in Device Manager for the USB Inpa Cable?

What is the com port set in OBD.ini in the EDIADAS folder? It needs to be set to com port 1 if it isnt, or change your USB cable to a different Com Port and then also change and save the OBD.ini file to match.

In Inpa do you see the two black dots for Battery & Ignition?