BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2015, 05:42 PM

Car: 320D
Default CCC > CIC Retrofit success... Well almost :-)

Hi All,

This is my first post, hope its not too rude to ask for help soon after joining but i've been a guest browser on here for a little while.

My 2006 320D E91 Tourer needed a replacement CCC after the old one died a flickering rebooting death over the course of a couple of weeks (probably power supply or capacitor I'm guessing!)

I took the opportunity to upgrade to a CIC, bought used one off ebay, fitted it including the HD screen but didn't have the USB cable for maps / music upload so not installed that (I also chose not to install the newer iDrive controller as preferred the old haptic one and didn't have centre console trim to match new one)

Install went well, used NCS Expert and removed date on my VO (from #1205) and coded a new one in (#0909) as per an instruction guide, also add $6VA but to be honest there was little explanation of what that did??

To my delight everything works, music, bluetooth, phone, speakers, aux input (line in) EXCEPT Navigation is greyed out and the voice input command buttons on the steering wheel no longer work (I'm guessing latter needs coding in).

I've tried to solve the navigation issue by downloading maps BMW Europe Premium 2014 maps and burning to them to 3 DVDs.

I used FSC GENERATOR (wrapper for SWID_reader.exe , b64dec.exe and fsc.exe) and it all seems to work ok, I changed the batch codes to 0x28 and 0x06 for maps as above. here is the output

vStarting...E-serie...
Ediabas version: 6.4.7
Ignition: = OKAY
------------------------------------
Trying...
Reading CAS...
CAS: VIN - KW13226
Setting addresse: = OKAY
Reading CIC...
CIC: VIN - PY38247
Attention! Different VIN codes!
Use CIC one.

The serial code it generates does not work though when i enter it on the iDrive.

It reports the activation code is incorrect and to try again, have done this several times but definitely correct code entered.

Am i missing something?

Weirdly the first time rebooted the iDrive after the retrofit and initial coding the Navigation system came up and i was able to select a route, it's only after i revisited the car again it greyed out, not sure if this was because the CIC was reset as part of the coding or not.

I'm not bothered about installing new maps if that is the issue, i'd be happy with the current maps installed on the CIC, just want to get them working, can anyone please help?

Many thanks in advance....

Old 05-08-2015, 02:44 PM

Car: BMW 120i E87N, BMW M3 E46

You need either a emulator or script activation to activate navigation on a retrofited cic.

The navigation always works the first boot after installation.

Also how did you generate the fsc code? You need your 1B file from your cic to generate a fsc code for maps on a retrofited cic. Your cic has the vin from the donor car.

But to get navigation activated at all you need either a emulator or script activation. When the navigation is activated then you can think about updating your maps and genrating a fsc code for maps.

Last edited by sevenofnine; 05-08-2015 at 02:48 PM.