BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2017, 05:58 PM

Car: 2011 335i xdrive
Default Coding the JBE (Junction box electronics) module

Hello. I am having trouble accessing the VO through CAS, FRM, or NFRM in an attempt to program factory settings in to a new JBE module. Is there a way to load the VO in NCS that is not the typical F1 - F3? When I choose F1 -> F3 and select my chassis E89 then click on either CAS, FRM, or NFRM, an error is returned ( COAPI-2020: SG antworrtet nich IFH:0009 ; and a VIN invalid error).

I verified my cable and setup are functioning correctly by reinstalling the old JBE module. I was able to read the VO and create a .TRC file with the old module installed. I need to replace the old module because I am getting fuel level implausibility errors and no longer have a working A/C system.

The old module indicates JBBFE-IIIR. The new unit also reads JBBFE IIIR. The only difference I can see is different hardware versions. The old unit is HW:5 and the new unit is HW:7. Also, old unit is a H3 while the new unit is version M.

I feel like I have the right replacement part, just no way for NCS expert to communicate with OBD because everything goes through the JBE!

Any advice on how to code the new JBE module with factory defaults would be greatly appreciated!! Car is a 2011 E90.

Old 10-19-2017, 05:44 AM

Car: 2011 335i xdrive

Solution for the next person...

Step 1: Configure WinKFP. I used the guide "Configuring WinKFP.pdf" and can be found via Google. Note: I had to manually load the module I wanted to program, JBE in this case, in to the assembly line data; despite using BMW coding tool to update my WinKFP files.

Step 2: The kmm_atsh file recommended by BimmerGeeks contained both of the ZB numbers for the old and new units. I used the ZB number for the new JBE unit because I want to assign factory settings to the new unit. This number was verified via INPA -> User Information Field (UIF).

Step 3: Start WinKFP -> Comfort Mode -> Update ZSUB -> Select JBE module (2JBBR or something like that) -> Click OK.

Step 4: Most WinKFP guides instruct you to enter the VIN number next. This option did not appear for me when I returned to the main menu. This results in no VIN number assigned to my new JBE module. I clicked on program (F3 I believe) and the new JBE module was programmed with factory settings. Close WinKFP.

Step 5: Open NCSexpert -> Load non-manipulation profile. See NCS Expertmode coding DIY.pdf via Google on how to create a non-manipulation profile. This is the correct way to code factory settings to a new module. F1 -> F3 to choose chassis and load VIN and VO. F4 to choose ECU -> Click OK. F2 -> SG_CODIEREN -> Click OK. F3 to start coding factory settings according to the VO to the chosen ECU.