BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2014, 11:14 AM

Car: Mini cooper R56
Default DSC Coding nightmare help

Hi folks im trying to code a DSC module on a 2007 Mini cooper R56,i removed the original CAS,DME,and body control module/key when i thought i had a DME fault turns out that was not the problem so i reinstalled all my original units only to find the airbag lights and DSC lights lit,i managed to recode the airbag module ok via NCS expert for some reason i cannot do the same with the DSC module,im able to read the chasis no and DSC ecu via NCS but when i try to do a SG_CODEIREIN it come back with an error no response from control unit......same with INPA when i try to calibrate the steering angle sensor i get an error message could this DSC module be locked somehow via the dealer ? its strange as it was the original unit from the car when i replaced the other no coding was done just a quick engine start to test then all the original back in.........all my other diagnostic programs work ok ISTA/D,INPA i tried to use SSS Progman same would not even connect prob the car has been updated with a newer bmw software.....can anyone help.....

Old 08-22-2014, 11:16 AM

Car: Mini cooper R56

Also i can see all the parameters from the DSC unit in INPA all seem to be working ok in ISTA D i get a report saying the unit needs recoded and something about a GWCODE from the dealership
Old 08-23-2014, 09:42 AM

Car: BMW730d

I have seen this in power management where GWCODE is program validation code, which is probably calculated or given (warranty or goodwill)in dealership. It allows them to code again the DSC system, but as i know, they will charge you for new reprogramming if you can not get that code.
I hope you will find solution and get the GWCODE.
Good luck!
Old 08-23-2014, 12:20 PM

Car: e90

you must use ista/p or sss and manual input code

code is on dsc unit ( I can't remember which code is)