BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2015, 12:59 AM

Car: 1994 Euro E31
Default E31 instrument cluster reprogramming...4 views...no love?!

Hi all,
New here. I've a '94 E31 (Eurospec) in the US. The instrument cluster finally crapped out. I know I cannot just use another one...need a matching pair with EKM. BUT, I did come across an E31wiki article that says used clusters can be "reprogrammed" using ToolSet 32 from BMW Ediabas and a "working interface".
I have ZERO experience with any type of vehicle software package and my indie BMW mechanic who has been great for anything mechanical says he does not have anything like what I mentioned above.
Does anyone know someone in the Seattle/Portland area that might be able to help me bench reprogram a used cluster...or know of where I can buy one?
I went to my typical E31 buddies who sell used parts...and greed has gotten the better of them...and raised their prices for the "gently used" items 3-5 fold (disappointing to say the least).
So, I'm working on figuring out another way....that is pretty much my nature.
So, if anyone can help me on this new journey into unexplored territory, it would be appreciated.

Last edited by gjh; 09-23-2015 at 07:03 AM.