BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 01:22 PM

Car: 525it
Default E39 auto to manual swap coding info needed

I have a 2001 525i touring I'm in need of some help with. It started life with a steptronic trans and I have put a 5 speed behind it. All the mechanical work is done, driveshaft, linkage, pedals, diff, etc.

At this point, I need to get the car to crank! Ha. I had a guy come over and we messed with it for a bit over a few occasions but his gt1 setup was a little unreliable and we were always short on time.

Fast forward another month or so and I finally picked up a reliable gt1 setup that has a few versions including progman, etc.

Now, from my understanding, I need to extract 3 numbers out of my car? We did this once before and they were misplaced...the gm, sa and vn? Is this correct?

Is it as simple as finding those numbers and finding the right source to change them?

Now, I don't mean "simple" but is this the only thing preventing everything from communicating and thus cranking?

Any help would be great. I apologize for not doing lots of research before hand. I have done it but lost the threads. I am
At work and simply need to get this stuff down and get moving. I'm tired of having to walk past the car all the time and I'm ready to drive it!

Old 09-23-2013, 11:48 PM

Ok, little update...

After working on mercedes all day, I drove the E46 home to take a look at the E39.

With the fully charged battery and charger hooked up, I fired up the computer and tried Gt1 V44. After a little digging, I found what I was looking for...

Ok, now this is where I am stuck and need some help with the "check sum" etc.

Any help, please reply, PM me or shoot me an email at [Only for registered users... ]

Thanks guys!
Old 09-25-2013, 12:54 PM

Anyone out there? I have gathered I need to edit a hexadecimal/check sum digit acceded via Ncs expert. I'll look into this later today when I get back to the house.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:42 AM

Car: 2000 BMW 540

I'll dig in my computer to find the program I used to change those numbers.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:53 PM

Thanks guys! I got it started a couple days ago...tapping into the dme, EWS, power/ground. I'm making it look nice and tight before I put everything back together. Don't want to have to be in there again unless "I" want to be!

As far as the coding goes, from my understanding, I thought the car or will be kind if sluggish? Is that correct?

When I cranked it, I hit the gas a few times and it felt peppy. Now, this didn't have a load but still...it felt like it was alive and ready to go.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:20 PM

Car: 530iT

I'm gonna dig this thread up because I am in the same situation.
How did you end up recoding the modules?
My car is currently running and driving fine but I need to recode the dsc and cluster still.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:56 PM

Car: E38 740i

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Young View Post
I'm gonna dig this thread up because I am in the same situation.
How did you end up recoding the modules?
My car is currently running and driving fine but I need to recode the dsc and cluster still.
What change to the coding do u require?
Old 07-28-2014, 02:41 AM

Car: 530iT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWcare View Post
What change to the coding do u require?
I need to code the dsc module and the cluster to manual vehicle. I don't want to re code the whole car because it's a touring with a m54 motor swap and manual swap which never actually existed in the U.S. So if I coded to a 530 manual it would be a sedan which would then cause rear hatch and SLS issues.