BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2015, 05:35 AM

Car: E92
Default E60 Remove reverse gong sound

Hi,

Want to remove the reverse gong sound (which is the same sounds as the seatbelt gong). Have PDC on the car an its enough to have the beeping.
Anyone know how or if this is possible to code (using NCS Expert). Know that some cars you can reduce that sound using sound setting in idrive but I dont have that menu.

Best regards,
Mikael

Old 02-04-2015, 09:19 PM

Car: BMW

You need to set REVERSE_GONG ->nicht_aktiv in CAPPL module.
Admin (02-04-2015)
Old 07-12-2015, 11:32 PM

Car: 335i

Im trying to do the same thing plus disable seat belt gong.
With NCS ive codded REVERSE_GONG ->nicht_aktiv in CAPPL module and read it back ok
but it still gongs. other tweaks like comfort key eject codded ok but not the rev gong.

My E90 335i 2007 car is from Japan (JDM), i think its a requirement in Japan to have the gong working?

Does anyone know if there is another overriding code some where for country specs?

Im only new at coding so not keen yet to change the VO or anything.
Could some one please post up a Europe ECE all module trace file from a car similar to mine and ill compare my Japanese one??

Last edited by FRT; 07-12-2015 at 11:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-03-2016, 02:21 AM

Car: 2005 BMW 530I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny View Post
You need to set REVERSE_GONG ->nicht_aktiv in CAPPL module.
What is this gong? When does it come on? I have a seat belt misfunction, no service due and check engine gong that come on one after the other when i turn the ignition on....i am having no luck to find out how to turn them off or code them off....does this reverse gong do this?

Can someone help me find the right modules and line of code to change using NCS Expert so i don't get these darn gongs anymore when i start my ignitions....? please help

Tags
e60 reverse gong