BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 05:41 PM

Car: E63
Default E6X - Camera and DVB options with analogue TV fitted

Hi Guys

I have a late 2004 E63, and its got an analogue only tuner.

Replacement DVB "hybrid" tuners are way too expensive, plus I want to add a reverse camera.

The "old" Lear TV modules had on the white plug an AUX video in plus a camera in too, but checking my own TV module, it only uses the blue connector (its obviously MOST not iBus) for everything and the white connector is unused.

Questions:

1. Does the white connector have the same pinouts as the older iBus Lear tuner? I have found a few pins on WDS, but I cant find a complete reference to the pinouts for the later tuner anywhere, so a link would be great.

2. If my Lear module is the same pin config on the white connector, how do you select the AUX input as the iDrive just shows "tuned in" channel numbers and no A/V option.

3. Camera - again assuming my Lear module has the camera input on the white connector, does it have the reverse camera trigger input on the blue connector like the old module? I assume not as it will sense reverse over the bus. I have coded the "manovering aids" so have that in the iDrive, but the TV module does not switch to any other video input when you go into reverse.... I would get a blank screen if it had changed to a video input.

4. When this is in operation, do you have to be in TV mode for the auto switching to the reverse camera to work or do you have to manually go into TV mode first? (ie, if you were in "CD", you woul dnot se the camera, you would have to go to the TV mode first).

5. If I install the "BMW Aux AV" kit, does that use the same AUX audio in on the CCC and then the video goes into the video module? I am assuming the AUX input and AUX AV are mutually exclusive.

6. Has anyone seen OEM or retrofit info on the rear camera? That would hold a few answers I am sure. My gut feel is that the E6X camera must be a bus device and not just a simple composite video device like earlier setups.

I have seen a few sellers on ebay of modules to connect stuff up, but as I already have a Leaf module want to explore the options here first.

The picture below is of my Leaf module connectors and version...

I have an AV interface I used with my previous E60 so if the Lear is a non starter, I guess I could use that for reverse, and fit an "ebay" dvb tuner (connected up to the existing analogue tuner and internal audio), but would prefer to build on whats in the car already and do it properly.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

David