BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2016, 02:19 PM

Car: X5
Default E70 K+DCAN Battery Registration

Has anyone successfully registered a battery using a K+DCAN/USB cable on an E70 (mine is a 2007 built in 11/06)?

I can read/clear codes and even do full tests in ISTA+ but battery registration fails with "ERROR_ECU_CONDITIONS_NOT_CORRECT_OR_REQUEST_SEQUE NCE ERROR". Same result in INPA 5.0.6, Tool32, and ISTA+. I also found a few other functions just randomly testing in INPA that failed the same way. Also INPA/P fails to load with a cryptic error I didn't record.

In INPA the battery indicator is black but ignition is white until the motor is started. The instructions in ISTA+ clearly state that the ignition must be on but motor off to register the battery so I am pretty sure this is the problem. Also I was able to borrow an ICOM A2 and everything worked fine with it.

The wiring diagrams for the E70 show that pin 1 on the OBD port for the E70 isn't wired in. I believe the usb cable uses pin 1 to detect ignition when the motor is off so this leads me to suspect that the K+DCAN usb cables are of limitted use on the E70. Before I return this cable and (choke) buy and ICOM A, can anyone confirm otherwise?

Last edited by pgaustin; 10-20-2016 at 02:52 PM.