BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 01:10 AM

Car: E82
Default E82 coding options Q

I've recently purchased an '09 128 and have two questions regarding possible coding options.
1. Is it possible to disable the "drive off assistant?" (i.e. the feature the holds the brakes on an incline to prevent the car from rolling before I have a chance to get the clutch engaged). I find this "feature" really irritating. I've been driving stick shift cars for a long time and I don't want or need a computer helping me engage the clutch. This is precisely the reason I bought a stick shift in the first place.
2. Can the adaptive lighting feature be enabled through coding alone or does it require new headlamps?
Thanks!

Old 11-30-2012, 04:12 PM

Car: bmw

for first question pleasse puss buton MSA on central table and when ligt ( orange ) is on this function is OFF nice driving
for second question You must change headlamps then change VO ( vehicle ordering ) thru NFS program then program FRM thru VIN KFP and coding FRM use CAS option thru NFS cooding program
Old 12-08-2012, 07:09 PM

Car: E82

Thanks for the info on the headlights.

However, regarding drive off assistant, I wasn't asking about MSA. I was asking about the feature that holds the brakes to keep the car from rolling on a hill while you're trying to get the car moving in first gear. Is there a way to disable it through module coding?