BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2017, 09:41 AM

Car: 535D E61
Default E84 NCS issues

Hi, As per my other thread I have since made progress in my knowledge of coding and flashing but have reached a stalemate where i think i now need some professional opinions before going any further.

In summary - I am trying to resolve an issue with the Tel/mulf module on a 2011 X1 E84 with CIC. Everything works on the nav/radio etc just fine apart from the telephone which just is constantly searching - it won't allow BMW update via USB but the module can be seen via INPA (with the original vehicle software from 2010) and ISTA where the module is grey and the most line is red. There is no VIN however against the media module on the INPA report, just the symbols yyyyyyy with 2 dots above each 'Y' .

This has come after attempting a code via ISTA/P and ending at the end of the media programming by closing the program - in error of course. I didn't realise ISTA/P would update every module. I couldn't wait 9 hours, or let it update the CIC and risk a bricked CIC - so waited for CAS to finish, then the media module, and ended at the end of the media update in the hope I'd rescue it

I have tried flashing with Winkfp, but understand that I can't flash with just OBD. Therefore I've resorted to NCS at attempting to code given that I can see it in INPA, using NCS for the first time after reading the full Dummy guide. (V61 Daten)

After clicking through to the module and executing the read, it immediately comes up with this error:

Error in CABD! Look at CABI.ERR and ERROR.LOG!

COAPI-2062:Fehler beim Codierdaten lesen CMEDIAR, C_CLESEN:
ERROR_ECU_SUBFUNCTION_NOT_SUPPORTED_INVALID_FORMAT
COAPI-2062 Fehler beim Codierdaten lesen CODIERDATEN_LESEN

The screen on the main NCS dash then says MEDIA coding is faulty

Is there something wrong with the settings I am using in NCS, or possibly another way to access the module using OBD? Maybe resetting the module via Tool32? (can that be done via OBD)

Is it worth me trying to run expert profile and returning the module to standard with manipulation unchecked?

Can anyone help please, I really am struggling and would like to try everything before i consider taking to a garage to attempt reflash with optical, or replacement (which it feels like it may need given the above - and my lack of knowing any other options)

Many thanks

Old 06-19-2017, 10:19 AM

Car: 535D E61

Can anyone help at all?

I have ordered another Combox - Do I simply code it to the car as per original settings, and that's it? Or will I have the update the VIN manually?

I also need to ensure all the live services that were on the car from factory are present.

Thanks

Last edited by 1animal1; 06-19-2017 at 12:21 PM.