BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2015, 02:11 PM

Car: e90
Unhappy E87 cruise control

In general:
I have retrofitted the cruise control through istap successfully but I cannot enable it. At first there was no error in car. Inpa reads the movement of cruise control stalk. Everything is in VO, all modules was set to default (ncs expert)! The part number is compatible with my car. What am I missing?
After some kilometers inpa showed the following error:
DME: 2F4E 64
I searched and found this: vehicle speed, signal

With more details:
I have added to VO 540 manually and coded car with ncs, cc was not working. Inpa reads the movement of cruise control stalk.

After I had reverted everything to normal I used istap to do retrofit. Istap completed session succesfully. CC was not working again. Inpa reads the movement of cruise control stalk

Slip ring was from E90. Another problem was that there was no rear wiper (I had forgot to ask seller for this!) After second failure I tried to change stalk from old slip ring (both manual wipers) but inpa showed only one error "wrong stalk inserted" and nothing was working (nor lights and flash neither wiper) I reverted everyhing back now all except cc work. After some kilometers the following error showed up: DME: 2F4E 64

I have also coded combi for displaying speed for cc, but nothing is displayed, probably because this is for facelift models

When reading car modules through ncs I am not able to find anything related to cruise control except 2 situations:
kombi module: the"speed for cruise control"
And in FSW_PSW.TRC backup of all modules I have a line "cruise control not aktiv".

I cannot find this particular line nowhere else. I have read all modules one by one

To summarize:
1. Any ideas for cc? What I am missing?
2. Can I flash szl (slip ring) with winfkp?
2. Can I test it through toolset32?
4. If I install my old wiper stalk again and flash it with winfkp is there any chance that it is going to work?

My car is E87 2005 116i

Old 06-02-2018, 10:40 AM

Car: BMW X5 E70
Default E70 cruise control

Hi there,

Have you managed to solve the issue?
I've retrofitted cruise control to X5 E70 and it does not work.
I've added $544 to CAS and FRM and coded (SD_Coderien) all modules, then calibrated steering sensor, but CC is not working. No error messages on dash, but CC is not working.
When connected INPA it shows 6E0F DCC: Fehler in Interface zun Kombi-Instrument --- (DSC: Instrumentenkombination Schnittstelle), ISTA+ says DSC: Instrument cluster, interface.
Cannot think what else needs to be done?
Reading on E90 forum that pressing 'Varianten Codierung' or "Gelernte Varienten" in INPA may help, but cannot locate these options.

Thanks.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:08 AM

On e87 cruise control receives signal for speed from rear right wheel. For some reason there was a problem on the specific pin. One bmw mechanic changed the position to a different pin (now it receives speed signal from a different wheel). It cost me 50 for diagnose and fix. I do not remember if the pin was faulty or it was never there since the car was not equipped with cruise control. I think he told me there were 4 pin sending the speed signal . You have to tell the bmw mechanic to look for such problem because it will be faster and cheaper for you. Maybe I am wrong on the specific details but it has been a while. In general that is the path you should follow
Old 06-04-2018, 10:01 AM

Ok, do you know where those pins are pls?
When I move cruise stalk nothing happened, no message on dash whatsoever so wonder if I should remove $544 and try recode $540 instead.
Thanks.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:41 PM

I do not know where the pin's location is, I believe it involves the system that monitors the rotation of wheels so that you know you have a flat tire. No fault either on dashboard when I had installed cruise control.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:40 PM

ok, its probably small thing which needs adjusting ... thanks again

Tags
cruise, e87, ncs, winfkp