BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 08:53 PM

Car: BMW E87 LCI 118D
Default E87 - Headlight E-Box ALC Control Unit Coding

Hello guys,

As i said in my presentation, i have a problem with de ALC Module of driver's side headlight.

This E-Box ALC Module is a small unit that controlls all the mecanic movements/ajustements (up/down, Left/right) in xenon headlights with Adaptative/cornering Lights.

The driver's side headlight cover was not entire closed (was loose on one side), and i didn't know about it and went to wash my car.
Happens that some water drops falled inside the headlight and in a few seconds after i start driving an error pop's up in dash board "cornering lights failure".
At engine start up the passenger's side headlight do the movement test up and down and the driver's side headlight don't!!

The passenger's side head light is perfect working.
The affected headight have its basic functions working such as minimum, average and maximum lights.

What does not work?? Only the mechanical adaptative/cornering movement of the headlight and the cornering indicator small light of the driver's side headlight.

After the error apears the well working headlight looses the Adaptative/cornering movement too.

I tested the movement motor of the bad headlight on the good headlight and it works well.

I bought a EDIABAS cable and prepared a Diagnostic&Programming Laptop.
I have TIS, DIS V57, ETK 05/2013, SSS V32, EDIABAS, INPA, NCSEXPER/Dummy, WinKFP, Carsoft 6.5 SP1, all the needed apps to diagnose and program the car.

I used INPA to read and erase all the memory error.
I used the DIS V57 to diagnose all the modules of the car and there it was the allert!!! On "FRM Footwell Module 2", inside this category there ware the connecting failure/faulty with E-Box ALC Module, and/or Xenon control unit.
I tried to erase them but a connecting faulty apears so the module should be damaged!!! Dam It.
I used DIS to test each headlinghts functions one by one and the driver's side headlight returns faulty connecting error while contacting the ALC Module.

My Question!!

The code of working of the passenger's side ALC Module is exactly the same of the Driver's side ALC Module? I think not because before the damaged when cornering to the passenger's side the lights follow the corner and turn a bit more, and while turning to the driver's side the lights didn't turn that much in order to avoid dazzle other drivers.

Is it possible to access another same model car with xenon and adaptative/cornering lights and copy the E-Box ALC Module Code and dump it to a brand new ALC in order to be able to control the headlight movement?

Does anyone had a similar problem and coded a new ALC Module?
Does anyone have the code to code a brand new Driver's side ALC Module?

I tried to search for similar topics and found nothing so sorry if i'm duplicating the subject.

I would apreciate your help.

Best Regards All
Pedro

Last edited by SaIbOt; 05-23-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Tags
adaptative lights failure, alc, cornering lights failure, e-box, module