BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2014, 07:52 PM

Car: AutoElectrician all
Default E90 dme replacment

Hi guys

I have a e90 325i that I have changed the dme on due to water damage. The original was so badly gone I could not read via bdm etc. I have replaced it with a secondhand dme of exactly the same hardware part numbers, but from a 130i car. So different software.

I have sorted the sync out, changed isn etc in flash so it's all coded and no longer have any ews tampering errors. But can won't start and have no engine speed so I Asume I need to load it with software from a 325i as it's currently 130i.

Original software sticker on cars damaged dme is 7559500. On the donor ecu it is 7561244.

Can I change this software with winkfp etc? Or will it just see the current software and update it? Can I select running software manually, or can it tell me what it should be from the vin?

Ecu is msv70, 7559178, 5wk98081 (on both dmes)

Thanks for any help guys
Jamie

Old 05-02-2015, 02:05 PM

Car: 2007 BMW 328xi

Did you ever get this sorted out? I replaced my e90 dme with an e60 dme and cas. The car runs, but i have abs,dsc, and tracrion lights.

I have changed the VO's, but it wont take. If you got it sorted, just wondering how in hopes it might give a clue for mine.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:18 PM

Car: bmw
Default HI friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parapilot View Post
Hi guys

I have a e90 325i that I have changed the dme on due to water damage. The original was so badly gone I could not read via bdm etc. I have replaced it with a secondhand dme of exactly the same hardware part numbers, but from a 130i car. So different software.

I have sorted the sync out, changed isn etc in flash so it's all coded and no longer have any ews tampering errors. But can won't start and have no engine speed so I Asume I need to load it with software from a 325i as it's currently 130i.

Original software sticker on cars damaged dme is 7559500. On the donor ecu it is 7561244.

Can I change this software with winkfp etc? Or will it just see the current software and update it? Can I select running software manually, or can it tell me what it should be from the vin?

Ecu is msv70, 7559178, 5wk98081 (on both dmes)

Thanks for any help guys
Jamie
I've e90 320 and I have changed the dme on due to water damage. who did you sorted the sync out, changed isn etc in flash so it's all coded and what is the prog
Old 05-23-2015, 02:25 PM

Car: bmw

my dme is second hand too and my car broken for 3 month I need you help who to sorted the sync out, changed without any ews tampering errors step by step
I hope get help my
e-mail [Only for registered users... ]
Old 05-31-2015, 06:31 PM

Car: BMW

PM if it is actual.