BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2016, 05:22 AM

Car: E70 X5 4.8i, E90 335i, E30 M3
Default F07 Park Brake Module in E70, how to flash with Winkfp?

Hi,

I have a 07 E70 X5 and did some research and found that an F07 used parking brake module is essentially the same as E70s besides the length of the
emergency release cable which can be easily swapped over.

I purchased a used F07 park brake module as they go for pennies on the dollar vs. a used E70 module.

I installed the module. I was not aware of the fact that a module from an Fxx car will not have an UIF/AIF and was looking for a way to downgrade the software.
I tried tool32 loading the prg file and under job status I get an error. I downloaded the F10 daten files and used the emf prg file from an F10 and was able to go fully
into the new module and the job status shows okay etc. It all looks normal but of course I need to flash this module with the files specific for an e70 to make this work.
I was hoping to write a new AIF and my vin by going into the module with tool 32 but that option does not exist when using the F10 EMF pfg file.

I tried flashing the module in expert mode using winkfp and I get an error stating it can't read the UIF. I guess this makes sense as there isn't a UIF/AIF to read.

Can anyone tell me of a way to force flash this module with the E70 files?

I see that some people purchase combox used modules from Fxx cars and install them into the Exx chassis that already has CIC and initially encounter similar issues. I was not
able to find out how they got around this.

Any insight would be highly appreciated!

I am making a youtube video with a step by step walk through of how to move the emergency release cable over to an Fxx module and will post it once I can show how to load
E70 files onto the Fxx module. Internally everything looks the same. The control board is exactly the same minus the files loaded on the eprom. So this information will help
many hopefully. Normally at the dealer you are looking at a bill of over $2000, used E70 modules go for $800 plus. The F07 module I got is from an 2010 with 28,000 miles and is
the updated module with the common problems fixed and I got it for $100!