BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2016, 01:03 PM

Car: 125i
Default F20 - Change CBS oil interval without changing V.O. with Rheingold

Gents,

I'vw made an interesting found regarding change the oil service interval for F series. Despite the success of some, I don't believe it is necessary to change FA and flash DME to have this interval changed ([Only for registered users... ]). I believe that Rheingold can do it with less effort, and less risk.

My car came with oil service interval defined in the V.O. as 8KP = 8.000 km. However, the CBS was set to 6.000 km (probably, it was changed by the dealer). So, as V.O. remains the same (I read it with esys and is still 8KP), it means one can change the interval without changing the V.O.

In this thread of MHH Auto forum (to which I don't have access), one can say that with Rheingold you can simply set the interval with CBS reset.

[Only for registered users... ]

I gave it a try with Rheingold (I have 3.54), and used function CBS RESET UDS as below:

This set my oil interval back to what was specified in the V.O. (8.000 km), however, it didn't pop up to request which interval is to be applyed. So, probably there is some other function that allow to choose this interval.

Some day I'll give it another try and post results here. If anybody has acces to the mhhauto, or know which Rheingold function does the trick, please share