BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2018, 04:28 PM

Car: BMW e60 535d
Default Gearbox swap 6hp26->6hp28 in pre LCI e60 535d

Hello everyone,
I'm happy owner of 2005 bmw 535d, car is great even in stock form. But I'm going to give it some considerable amount of power. I have recently fitted it with free flowing 3 inch down-pipe and exhaust, there is no EGR, DPF and CAT. Now I'm installing big intercooler and having it remapped, hoping to get over 370hp. My gearbox is in pretty good condition but I'm worried it won't last long after remap. So I decided I want LCI gearbox which is a little bit stronger, have stronger torque converter and much faster. My question is how to adapt it to work with pre-LCI engine?

Old 01-24-2018, 11:09 AM

Car: 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychujeqq View Post
Hello everyone,
I'm happy owner of 2005 bmw 535d,..
Hi,
Just wondering, you said you get a better torque converter for your bmw 535d, mine is bad and I also need it changed to get more HP and torque. Where did you get it from?
Regarding the gearbox itself. I read a thread about it, Some Lithuanian guy said he did swap the gearbox from LCI to pre-LCI one, BUT he also had to swap it with the whole engine, a gearstick and some other electronics. The gearbox, would psychically fit to the pre-LCI car, but the TC and gearbox shaft wouldn't physically fit the engine... He managed to code it so it is drive-able but only reverse and third gear works... no good.