BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2017, 12:30 AM

Car: e60
Default HELP! Active stabilization commission issue

Hello all. I am trying to initial a test on my ARS system as I recently fixed the leaking boots on my Dynamic Drive sway bars. I have a 08 535i. Not sure what other information you need.

I am trying to do this:

[Only for registered users... ]

I am having issues finding this in inpa and I am also having issues using inpa. I have the bimmer geeks cable and they remotely installed all my software.

Here is the path I followed INPA > E60 > Chassis > Aktive(misspelled) Roll Stability >
Error Message: Request control unit :
'ARS_60/V3.x' not found
Control unit found: 'ARS_70'.
Program will be stopped.

I then went into inpa c: drive and opened E60.eng file and changed the ARS_60 to ARS_70 and I was able to gain access but I was not able to perform this test.

I first got a message saying some versions were different but it still let me into to see the car. Under the activate tab THer eis a ARS sartup tab. That performed a 29sec test and when finished "said engine speed reset ok".

Not sure what to do here but I opened the hydrolic lines and this is per BENTLY.

Here is the thread where I replaced my sway bar.

Here is a video of what my inpa shows when I try to activate my ARS.

Thanks for any help

Old 10-24-2017, 10:47 PM

Ok, I go some more screen shots if anyone can help.

Logged on via my BimmerGeeks.net cable

I then select e60(F4) and the CHASSIS:

Here is the exact error I am getting:

Then I tried logging inunder the E70 path:

Looks different but I clicked on Active Role Stability and got this:

I clicked OK and got this:

I clicked OK and now I am in:

Now that I am in I followed path Activate(F6) > in this window I chose F1 which is Start/Check > Then I clicked Start(F2) and I get a 29 sec countdown with the words resttime. After the counter is finished This is the message I receive.

And this is where I am stuck. I have no idea how to perform ARS test in the video I link. Is there a different path? should I have more options?

One thing I tried per BimmerGeeks is to change the module in the E60.ENG file from ARS_60 to ARS_70 for aktive Roll stability (you can see this change 8 lines down).

After this everything I logged in under the E60 tab and everyhting acted the same way as above when I was in the E70 tab. Same errors, same everything.

So my question is: What do I have to do to initiate this test where the ARS system will go through the motions, literally.

Last edited by rkreimer10; 10-24-2017 at 10:59 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:03 PM

Gave up on INPA. Installed Rheingold and the test performed flawlessly.