BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2015, 03:50 PM

Car: 98 318ti,08 328xi
Default Help LM E65 Bad flash

Hello,
I have a corrupt Light Control Module from a bad flash in a E65.
I have tried to fix it with Winkfp in comfort mode, when flash completes I get error coapi 2082.
I have tired expert mode a few times also with same results, not sure if I am missing a step in expert mode so I'm at a loss on what to try next.
I was going to try and do a EEPROM write with BMW scanner but I need to find a dump file for this module first.
If anyone else could recommend anything else I could try, or has a dump file they could share, help would be greatly appreciated.

Some more info,

Program number that I am trying to flash is: 6924560

Errors in Winkfp show:
================================================== ==========
Clear flash failed 01flash, FLASH_LOESCHEN (...): ERROR_ECU_SUBFUNCTION_NOT_SUPPORTED_|

Clear flash failed SG_PROGRAMMIEREN
================================================== ===========
In INPA UIF shows:
LM ERROR_ECU_SUBFUNCTION_NOT_SUPPORTED_INVALID_FORMAT

And in Ista/p shows Note: Programming status 7.

UPDATE,

So I acquired a used LCM, changed the vin and everything was working great, I then did a FA_Write with NCS to correct VO and once again I have another brick (COAPI-2041: wrong ecu coding index A_E65LM: CODIERINDEX = FFh), I must have overlooked this the first time thinking it was the flash that destroyed the LCM but now I have an Identical LCM this is extremely frustrating as it was not easy to track one of them down in my area. I can still read some information with tool32, I cannot flash with winkfp or anything else, I did make a EEPROM dump when I got the new/used LCM but the software I have cannot locate EEPROM location so it will do no good without a external programmer, I guess I will try to trackdown a third LCM, in the meantime I will try ANYTHING with them if anyone wants to chime in.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited by beyondcr; 01-29-2015 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Fix

Tags
bad flash, e60, e65, lcm