BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2017, 07:39 AM

Car: 535D E61
Default Help! Novice coder ballesd things up

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me. I've used quote a few coding tools over the years, including INPA, DIS and ISTA/D. I have recently set up a separate dedicated W8.1 32 bit laptop to hold ISTA/D and P along with INPA for my E61 and the wifes E84. Having decided to test ISTA/P on her car to fold the mirrors in on fob but couldn't find an action allowing this(she has electrochromatic mirrors but never folds them, I just saw a bill for new glass eventually looming!) - I found ISTA/P a lot slower than I thought it might be after what I'd read! When i did eventually get it going it started to update all modules with a 9 hour finish time! I didn't have the time or proper battery charger for the engine to do this (I'm an idiot, I know) and had to cancel it at the end of a module update after about 30 minutes, luckily it had cleared the CAS module - however, and here's the issue, I have now screwed up the comms module that controls the bluetooth after closing at the end of that programming (hoping I'd get away with it) - ISTA/D shows no communication to it (red line on the module string and the module is grey) and i cant manually update via usb anymore with the basic BMW files. The rest of the CIC nav works fine apart from the BT.

I have since learnt a bit more in that i should have saved the Options list in case of bricking the whole car. Also that i can hide each module and uncheck the programming option - although every click of the button reassesses the work list and therefore will take hours just to close down the modules I don't want to update.

Question is, what is the easiest way to sort this? I know i may have bricked it but want try to revive before replacement. I was thinking WinKFP to ghit a single module but the preloaded software disc i have doesn't have an E84 daten file. I have BMW tools loaded so can use NCS expert or winkfp or ISTA/P.

The INPA I have DOES have the E84 listed but the package of data covers a lot of E series car, and I'm not sure it'll have the files required for coding? I can't see the file to unpack when trying to upload it to Win KFP either.

so to summarise
-Do I use WinKFP, ISTA/P or NCS to sort this

-Can I use an ENET cable perhaps and shorten the 9 hour update time? or are these for F series ONLY.

-Can I use NCS daten pack to preload WinKFP, or do i need more specific files

Having now got a stable laptop and decent lead, I would like to learn a bit more in the future ideally, the only issue is time.

Sorry for the amateur questions

Last edited by 1animal1; 06-05-2017 at 08:26 AM.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:35 PM

Car: 535D E61

I have since read that I only need to get the latest Daten files for the E84, then follow the procedure in WinKFP. Hopefully this will sort my issue - sorry to trouble you guys.

I am however still wondering, can I use ENET for E series to speed the process up, like you can Icom...

Edit: Since answered and understand I can't reliably code this comm module via K can.

Last edited by 1animal1; 06-05-2017 at 03:09 PM.