BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2016, 01:16 PM

Car: 320i
Default Help with problem after first time coding...

I'm new to BMW coding but have a good knowledge of computers and felt confident that I could handle it.

I ordered a cable online and followed a set of instructions that came with it. I downloaded the Launcher, ESYS 3.27.1, and PSdZDATA 58.0 Lite as instructed by this particular manual.

I followed the instructions used the launcher and connected to the car with no problem. Selected F020. Activated the FA, Read (ECU), and then I navigated to the items I wanted to modify. I had no problem -- and made the changes. Just wanted to turn off the Disclaimer and add Digital speedometer.

After I made the change for each one I pressed Code FDL and everything worked perfectly.

The changes I made worked and I disconnected the laptop and unhooked the cable. Success.

Then, I remembered there was one more change I wanted to make - I reconnected everything and started the process all over again. This time, when I selected Edit FDL... all of the folders came up with "." dots instead of the names I had seen earlier.

I've tried, unsuccessfully, several times.

Is there an explanation for why this has happened and is it possible to get back these descriptors?

Thanks for any help you an provide, I really appreciate it!