BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2017, 06:01 AM

Car: BMW 1-series F20
Default Help! Updated var software, got heavy steering and DCS fault codes

Hi, I got my BMW F20 updated by someone because I had older firmversion he said and he updated it to the latest with an "Autel" item.

But I have a problem now, I get 2 fault messages.
First being "Heavyier steering" (yellow light on the dashboard and get message)
Second being "DSC" (yellow light on the dashboard and get message)

I can't contact that person who updated my car now so that's impossible.

First of all the steering isn't heavy but it's not correct (not right calibrated or how to say, no feel to it).

I have tried driving around a bit, it didn't help... tried to remove plus from the battery for a couple of minutes, it didn't help either... and now I have removed the plus pole from the battery again but for a little longer time I figured. Hope that helps! I need especially the DSC now during the winter, and ofcourse fix the Steering Wheel problem because I think they are related.

This happened as soon as the update was finished. And their were no interruptions during the process.

I have a ENET cable and ESYS, but i have never used it before.

It might be an initializing thing? Becuase he who updated said drive around and it will dissapear by itself but it hasn't sadly...

If anyone can help me solve i would be so grateful!
Thanks in advance!

Old 01-01-2018, 01:40 PM

Car: G30

Do you have a diagnostic software ISTA-D? please make a diagnosis and attach a picture of the fault code.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:58 AM

Car: BMW 1-series F20

First of all i used delphi and initialized the streering wheel which seems as it worked. All the lights on the dashboard went away so everything was green.

But in my brain i myself had a faultcode :P it bothered me that the programming didnt go well. So i did what it took and found the guy again. I made him uppdate the car from again from scratch again which he did and all everything went flawlessly. NO errors or so. So now i got the latest F020-17-03-502.

But tanks for helping!