BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fx323i

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2017, 04:40 PM

Car: 2011 BMW 335D
Unhappy ISN mismatch/missing after BMW Multi Tool New Key Made (all keys missing)

I have a 2011 335D that came with no keys (was supposed to but were lost)...a new dealer key didn't work so we purchased a BMW Multi Tool 7.7 and made one. The car recognizes the key, accessories all work fine, it cranks but no start.

I have a fault code:
Error 0x2E3c 2E3C EWS-Manipulationsschutz
Fehlerhaufigkeit: 5
Logistikzahler: 40

or translated to English:

Error 0x2E3c 2E3C EWS tamper protection
Fault frequency: 5
Logistics Payer: 40

I've read that I need to synchronize my DDE<->CAS but then also see places where people say this car is EWS4 so there is no "rolling code" so now I'm confused.

I have Rheingold (says ISTA+) but aside from reading the fault codes it won't do anything to fix the error. I have Tool32, WINKFP, INPA etc and can use whatever I need to if someone wouldn't mind offering help
------------
I suspect this is something to do with an ISN missing or being mismatched after the key was made. Can I somehow confirm this is the issue and do whatever is necessary to fix this sort of problem?

When my husband and I bought this car it was supposed to come with the keys, but they were lost and never found...we have a new baby and our other vehicle is a 2-door and it's extremely difficult for me getting her in and out.

We never expected to have this issue ...if ANYONE can help I can send my DDE/CAS/Key to you

Old 07-21-2017, 02:32 PM

Car: e92

Did you find assistance? If not, I am in Texas. I have Bmw multitool among others. Send me a pm with number for txt, if you would like..

Kind regards,

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2017, 05:46 AM

Car: 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by db2761 View Post
Did you find assistance? If not, I am in Texas. I have Bmw multitool among others. Send me a pm with number for txt, if you would like..

Kind regards,

Dan

I, too am having difficulties starting my E46. Can you please help me, my keys were stolen. I am a recovering cancer patient. And the dealer has just ripped me off. I spent 350 for a new key and ignition lock cylinder, which is half of my disability check for a month. And the car still won't start.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2017, 07:33 AM

Car: 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by db2761 View Post

Kind regards,

Dan

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2018, 03:26 PM

Car: BMW E39 535i

Hi Slevass, how did you in the end resolve your problem? I have the same issue with a different car (330d 2007 E93). DDE/CAS sync does not work after all keys lost and new key programming procedure. INPA/ISTA both claim that the DDE and CAS do not belong together. The car started fine once and then this problem appeared. I assume it should be possible to read a dump from DDE6.2, find the correct ISN and write it to CAS.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:14 PM

Car: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx323i View Post
Hi Slevass, how did you in the end resolve your problem? I have the same issue with a different car (330d 2007 E93). DDE/CAS sync does not work after all keys lost and new key programming procedure. INPA/ISTA both claim that the DDE and CAS do not belong together. The car started fine once and then this problem appeared. I assume it should be possible to read a dump from DDE6.2, find the correct ISN and write it to CAS.
I work with this program

Old 04-14-2018, 07:47 PM

Car: BMW E39 535i

Hi, just for information, my problem was resolved. It was not an easy job, though. The CAS was encrypted CAS3+, the Multi Tool changed encryption password so even with DDE dump it was not possible to decrypt/encrypt properly and thus, it was not possible to write the correct ISN in the CAS3+ (0L15Y). Anyway, the key was programmed fine which was the best part of it. From the key it was possible to read (using Hitag) the data needed to decrypt the CAS and then we made it. I also had to use a different flash and then reflash the CAS with WinKFP because once I tried to sync DDE-CAS (EWS3 mode), it turned to EWS4 mode. After reflash everything went just fine.

Big lesson learned.
Rawen likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fx323i For This Useful Post:
Rawen (04-15-2018)