BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 01:25 AM

Car: 2001 325Ci 5 speed
Default ISTA/P error 10007

Hi all,

I'm somewhat new to programming & coding, although I have been using INPA, DIS, and recently ISTA/D all for diagnostics so I'm more familiar with those.

I own a 2004 BMW E46 330Ci ZHP, and have recently replaced the left side AHL SMC controller for the adaptive headlight - it was internally corroded due to water damage. And it turns out these units must be programmed as well as coded specifically to a car - which is the reason I'm now trying to learn ISTA/P.

I am using ISTA/P 2.51.3 on VMWare Workstation 10 - this version does not* require an ICOM emulator and has "snapshots" for each interface type: ICOM, ENET, OPS, and K+DCAN. Info here:
[Only for registered users... ]

My issue is I cannot get it to work with my K+DCAN cable.
I get the following error:
"10007 (CIP) - Error during initialisation of EDIABAS."
http://i.imgur.com/PvxRxat.jpg

I start up ifhsrc32.exe in the bin folder of EDIABAS, and then start the "K+DCAN" snapshot. Click the ISTA/P application when it loads, then create new session, choose "Select ISTA/P server automatically", and then the K+DCAN interface comes up as IP 169.254.0.1:6801 - is this correct?
http://i.imgur.com/FcyDTil.jpg

I checked my 2 VMWare network adapters in the windows "Network Connections" page and both of them have IP's beggining with 192.168..

Am I supposed to configure a different IP for K+DCAN somewhere in VMWare or EDIABAS.ini?

Any help is much appreciated,
Thanks!

Also, most of the other posts I've seen about this error on other forums mention that K+DCAN cables will not work with ISTA/P on vehicles that have MOST networks.. I do not believe mine has this - its a 2004 E46.