BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2018, 03:02 PM

Car: 6 Series e63
Default Nav Head Unit M-ASK to M-ASK 2 upgrade & coding

Hi all,

I'm replacing the Nav M-ASK unit on a 6 series e63 with a M-ASK 2 unit. For the most part it seems plug and play.

I've read that l'll just need to swap the front fascia from the M-ASK and fit it on the M-ASK 2, so the unit will fit in the trim, this appears easy enough it's just a ribbon clip and a few screws on the housing.

Now the part that I'm finding difficult 'CODING' I'll need to code the car using ncsexpert or similar for the replacement unit to work. This is the part that is stumping me, I just cannot find the correct information on what I actually need to do and I'm fearful of damaging something. What do I need to change or update to make it work? I've inserted the new unit and the screen displays "Head Unit Not Programmed Correctly" I have the cable / software and just flattened the battery while using ncs expert

Apologies if this has been posted before by other members, I've been searching forums and google for over a week without success.

Any help or advise is greatly appreciated.