BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2018, 07:20 PM

Car: 535 xit
Default NBT Evo missing all text after FDL coding with error

Today I was doing some coding on my NBT Evo using a Bimmer Retrofit eNBT adapter for my E60.

All the previous FDL codings were successful. However when I was changing some values for internet via Bluetooth, the FDL coding finished with the message 'FinishedWithError'

After the head unit rebooted, all text is missing. I can scroll around and use the interface, except there is no text anywhere.

Has anyone seen this before, and any idea on how to correct this?

Old 04-05-2018, 09:29 PM

Car: 535 xit

I was able to fix my own problem. Based on the failure, I guessed that the FDL on the NBT was corrupted. Like a n00b I didn't make a backup of the last good FDL.

However if you look in the c:\data\logs folder, the FDL data is written to the log file in the <content> xml node. Once I got the good FDL data into a file, I was able to recode the NBT and I have my text again!

The only downside to the failed FDL coding is that is it the FSC codes for nav, BMW apps, etc are gone...
Old 04-06-2018, 05:18 AM

Car: BMW

contact [Only for registered users... ] for full NBT or EVO id4/5/6 kit.
VIM(video in motion) by vin car for NBT Evo
Old 05-30-2018, 04:35 PM

Car: VW Transporter

Hi thanks for solving the issue. I was hoping to get some guidelines as i was coding an f01 just changing the country from Japan to eve and after doing that all text on the menu disappeared. If i return the setting to Japan all text is back. Is there a specific parameter i should change afterwards to bring back the text because the coding completes without errors but the text still vanishes. Any suggestion will be appreciated
Old 06-21-2018, 01:37 PM

Car: VW Transporter

Hi anyone with an idea how to restore text that is missing following just a country change from japan to ece.
Any hint that could restore the text? Inyeresting bit is that as soon as i recode japan as the country all text comes back as normal. Is there a feature which automatically hides or fades text following a country change?