BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2017, 10:20 PM

Car: 3281i
Default need advice?!?! ista-p/ ista-d

I was programing my 2009 328i (e90) just running the regular software recommend action in ista-p and all of the sudden the battery symbol cam on and shut the car off. it was in the middle of programing the radio and now the radio is completely off/ non functional.
do i just need to re run the programming to the radio and it should work?

And for the battery side do i just hook up a battery charger to the battery while I'm running the program since it cant run with ignition on?.
any help is helpful I'm new to coding on BMWs.
thanks!,
nick

Old 02-09-2017, 02:11 PM

Car: 2006 bmw 325i

Why would you even program without a tender, even battery chargers are a risk..
Hook up a charger and hopefully u can finish the flash.
What flashing cable are you using and what module were u programming?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2017, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by efodela View Post
Why would you even program without a tender, even battery chargers are a risk..
Hook up a charger and hopefully u can finish the flash.
What flashing cable are you using and what module were u programming?

i belive the modue was rad 2 maybe (ba?) not for sure. and the cable is a dcan (no not the cheap one)
and what do you mean by program without "tender"
sorry very new to this.
thanks!
Old 02-09-2017, 03:44 PM

Car: 2006 bmw 325i

You need a power supply not a charger to program. Kdcan can only program certain modules only and not all.. If you try using it to program some modules u might brick or the programming wouldn't complete and you might be in for big trouble. Schumacher inc700a is an example of a tender... only use a charger at your own discretion.. I have used a charger to program my dme before but u just want to be extra sure...

Old 02-09-2017, 11:45 PM

my car seems to want to code and encode almost every module. is there a way u can deselect the ones and only choose to do the radio?
they are all pre marked and wont let me click them off.

** edit- have the shop do the engine components when serviced

Last edited by mcnick311; 02-09-2017 at 11:47 PM. Reason: additional text
Old 02-20-2017, 12:10 PM

Car: 2009 335i E90 N54 AT

I'm new to this, just started using it today. But it wanted to do the same thing for me, reprogram every module. I was able to deselect most of them by going under the Programming tab, then Control Module Tree, then selecting each module, select Immediate Action and choose Hide, then close the dialog and repeat for every module. It's time consuming but it mostly worked. I just want to recode my new battery but there were a few things I couldn't deselect. Here is a screenshot of what I ended up with. I'm just guessing, but I think the next step is to accept the action plan and then process it.

It might help you a little if you had the manual for ISTA/P, I can email it to you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-02-20 (3).jpg (380.9 KB, 30 views)
Old 02-20-2017, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
I'm new to this, just started using it today. But it wanted to do the same thing for me, reprogram every module. I was able to deselect most of them by going under the Programming tab, then Control Module Tree, then selecting each module, select Immediate Action and choose Hide, then close the dialog and repeat for every module. It's time consuming but it mostly worked. I just want to recode my new battery but there were a few things I couldn't deselect. Here is a screenshot of what I ended up with. I'm just guessing, but I think the next step is to accept the action plan and then process it.

It might help you a little if you had the manual for ISTA/P, I can email it to you.
Wow I can't believe it was a simple as clicking hide actions under each module in the tree. How did I miss that haha. Thanks a lot!! after almost two weeks I did manage to get it to code the radio and got it working again. I also had a few thing I couldn't de-select but it worked out ok and took 35 mins.

EDIT- The commands you couldn't remove in your screen shot are commands for after programming just normal and will always do those commands to complete the process.

Last edited by mcnick311; 02-20-2017 at 11:28 PM. Reason: ADD
Old 02-28-2017, 01:54 AM
Banned

Car: bmw E30

new in here for some help ,I got ISTA BMW software up and running, where it would read data from my car, but it shows every module as okay with no faults, but i know for sure I have faults on my EHC module (because i have read faults of EHC in inpa and Dis).
Old 02-28-2017, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenjake View Post
new in here for some help ,I got ISTA BMW software up and running, where it would read data from my car, but it shows every module as okay with no faults, but i know for sure I have faults on my EHC module (because i have read faults of EHC in inpa and Dis).
This could be a few things. It may be your cable, software, etc.
my first point would be to look at your cable. If your using a regular OBD II cable that wont work you do need a special cable for ista since it programs. I personally use this one as it was recommended by a few [Only for registered users... ]

Some cables you may have to solder two points together from what I've read. the one i'm using on my car (E90-N52) works great.

If your sure your cable is ok then I would consider a fresh download and install just to make sure if any files didn't get downloaded or installed correctly. (very common in any software, especially how this software is acquired by many)