BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2017, 12:23 AM

Car: 2003 BMW Z4
Default Need direction on programming Z4 E85

Hi,

I've acquired a 2003 Z4 with shot electronics and have been working to restore them. My current path has been to buy used modules and for the most part is working out but not without issues.

Since the DME, EWS, Instrument Cluster, and the Light Switch Center Module all have been fried I replaced them with used modules form other cars.

The DME/EWS/KEY is a matching set from one car so the car starts and runs. (Well initially it would not start until I changed the coding in EWS not to look for park/neutral signal singce the set came form an automatic and mine is manual)

Instrument Cluster is from another car. And the Light Switch Module is also from different car.

You are probably guessing what my problem here is. Even though most things work my Instrument Cluster is like a Christmas Tree glowing with lights because all modules have DIFFERENT VIN NUMBER!!!

I was able to change the VIN in the DME to that of my Z4 using NCS Expert.

I can't seem to change the VIN in the Instrument Cluster, Light Switch Module, and EWS. Below is the list of tools I have. Can someone please point me in right direction to solve this mess?

I read that on Instrument Cluster one way is to buy a blank EEPROM chip and replace it and it will copy VIN from EWS and I can do that but i don't want the VIN form EWS.

I have:
ISTA/D
ISTA/P
PA Soft 1.4
NCS Expert
INPA
Tool32
Also have access to Autel Maxysis Elite

Old 12-29-2017, 02:13 PM

Car: E46

With pasoft, You can change vin in LSZ(if You have lm, can change with ncs). In ews buy ak90+, easiest way to change vin. For kombi, buy r270+ or xprog 5.5x, it can erase 35080 chip. Then code all car with ncs using original car FA. For DME, program with winKFP using proper ZUSB number. Check it on realoem.com
Old 08-30-2018, 03:17 AM

Car: Z4
Default Programming Z4 E85 ALSZ

Were you able to reset the VIN on any of these modules? I need to reset and encode a used light module (ALSZ) for my 2007 Z4 E85 and have been hitting dead ends with all BMW tools software and ISTA/P. It would be great if you could provide any feedback to your experience as there is barely any online info on coding and programing of the Z4 ECUs. Thanks