BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2016, 07:53 PM

Car: BMW
Cool New Battery AGM Coding

Hello,
So I have 2010 BMW X5 35d, and i have to replace the battery. Currently there is 900CCA 90ah Lead Acid. Called dealer for the price, and they said the battery i have to put is 850CCA 92ah AGM, which i bought for half price at Sams Club for $180.
Now, since my cars old battery was 90ah and my new is 92ah AGM i have to code the car & register new battery. I can not find any instruction on the internet how to code new battery to reflect different specs. I have all software (INPA, NSC Expert, ISTA-P, ISTA-D) Anyone can help ?

Old 08-02-2016, 04:35 AM

Car: E60 520d

To register battery the follow steps is needed:
  1. Open NCS Expert
  2. Read VO from CAS
  3. This is done by : Load profile, expert mode, and then press F1, F3 (VO from SG) and choose CAS.
  4. (After of course choosing your vehicle chassis which here is the E70)
  5. Then press the button F2 Enter VO FA
  6. Add A090 to the list if its not there, if its there just proceed directly to ISTA D.
  7. After adding A090 you have to remove other A0x0 or B0x0 codes. If your car for instance has a 90a regular battery it will say B090
  8. Press del to remove codes by the way from the list
  9. Then press ok, press f6 to go back to modules. press f4 to choose module cas, and choose job fa_write.
  10. after this is done, to the same to (N)FRM.
  11. Then go back to CAS, change job to SG_Codieren. This will code the car for 90A AGM battery.

Proceed to ISTA D.

Run a complete diagnostic of the vehicle.
  1. Then go to vehicle management
  2. service functions
  3. vehicle maintenance
  4. body
  5. voltage supply
  6. register battery replacement.
  7. Work through the service function, choose "register same battery" when you get the choice, and press "no" when it asks if the battery is OEM BMW.
  8. All done.

EDIT: The A090 coding is because you cannot code a 92a battery in the car. You have to choose the closest under. I.e 90.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:58 PM

Car: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowkluk View Post
Hello,
So I have 2010 BMW X5 35d, and i have to replace the battery. Currently there is 900CCA 90ah Lead Acid. Called dealer for the price, and they said the battery i have to put is 850CCA 92ah AGM, which i bought for half price at Sams Club for $180.
Now, since my cars old battery was 90ah and my new is 92ah AGM i have to code the car & register new battery. I can not find any instruction on the internet how to code new battery to reflect different specs. I have all software (INPA, NSC Expert, ISTA-P, ISTA-D) Anyone can help ?
Were you able to successfully register your battery and if so what adapter did you use? I have tried a K+DCAN cable without success and I am trying to figure out if it's possible with that cable.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:52 PM

Car: X3

Can you send instructions on how to register battery on a 2012 x3 f25 using ista, ncs, or other? I watched several YouTube videos using insta rheingold but the menus are not the same. It must be older or for different car. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2017, 07:51 AM

Car: 2009 335i E90 N54 AT

Easiest way to register the battery is to download the free program BMWLogger. You can register the new battery for free.

You keep the 90ah setting for the 92ah battery, as 90 is the closest value.

Use NCS expert and NCS dummy to change the battery type to AGM
Go to the CAS module, read it, use NCS dummy to go to KLASSE_BATTERIE and change it to type 90ah_agm. Then code the changes back to CAS.

Tags
agm, battery, coding