BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 12:16 PM

Car: 530d
Default Newbie looking for some help :)

Hi all,

Firstly, I have an LCI E60 530d.

I'm new to all this coding lark although I'm pretty computer literate I managed to source all the software, SSS, EDIABAS and INPA, etc, and have got it running (SSS in a VM). Thing is, I don't know what I need to connect the laptop to the car. After hitting Google, I found an EDIBAS interface on ebay that also came with the relevant software on 4 disks and a user manual. Nice to have it all in one place I guess. Because I don't have a serial adapter on the laptop, a E90 userguide I found suggested that the Belkin F5u409 USB / Serial adapter will work just fine.

Basically, I had a feature on my car that seems to have been disable. Whilst the dealership is willing to check it and turn it back on the next time the car is in, it got me thinking I'd like to know more about the car (even if I don't change anything).

So, my questions:

Does the E60 have that 20pin round port under the bonnet?
Is the SSS, EDIABAS, INPA route the most up to date - quickest method?
What do each of those pieces of software do? (nowhere actually tells you, it just tells you how to install / configure).

Hoping someone can help me out :)

Thanks

Old 11-09-2012, 02:08 PM

Car: 530d

So actually perhaps I should have bought the INPA Ediabas USB K+ D Can connection (as my car is a LCI 2007 model).....

There are loads of useful guides around for installing but none are really date driven articles meaning you don't know if the stuff is up to date or not :(