BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2017, 01:54 PM

Car: 2003 E46 330d Touring
Default Newbie on NCS Expert - coding not taking effect?

Hey guys, I really hope someone can help. I'm completely stumped here..

All of the following is in reference to my own car -- 2003 E46 330D Touring. I'm from the UK.

Total newbie on coding here. I've recently bought a lead & CD from Cable-Shack and I've got all the software installed as per his instructions. The software includes INPA & NCS Expert.

I've now also learnt the very basics in beginning to code with NCS Expert, I have successfully connected to the car, selected the ALSZ module and managed to view the FSW_PSW.TRC file.

I've then modified the file, renamed it to a .MAN file, and I have successfully coded my changes to the car. It seemed that it worked... To verify my changes have been done, I have unplugged everything and started over again, re-downloading the .TRC file from the car to verify my changes are there, which they are

-- All good, right?

However, the changes in question that I have done are not working at all. The only thing I have changed so far is SIDEMARKER_US. The previous value for this was nicht_aktiv. I have changed this to aktiv

But, nothing. It doesn't work. The car is not showing with US sidemarkers

What have I done wrong?

I'm using NCS Expert v4.0.1
Profile is "Expert 4.0.1"
- Which has FSW_PSW.MAN manipulate checked

I cannot think of any steps that I missed. I have read so much, watched countless YouTube videos, I am now completely stumped.

Please help!!! Thank you!

Old 02-21-2017, 11:03 PM

Car: 135i

hmm...I am disappointed that no one seems to be able to provide you clear guidance. I too am new to the site. It appears that unless you are already silver-tongued with lingo and ABBReviations you're not worth the time of day. I hope that I am wrong, but me thinks my intuition is right.

Glenn
Old 02-22-2017, 09:05 AM

Car: 2003 E46 330d Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
hmm...I am disappointed that no one seems to be able to provide you clear guidance. I too am new to the site. It appears that unless you are already silver-tongued with lingo and ABBReviations you're not worth the time of day. I hope that I am wrong, but me thinks my intuition is right.
I too was quite disappointed with the lack of replies & helpfulness from this forum, so I quickly gave up.

However, I have now successfully coded what I wanted on my BMW E46 and have even written a how-to guide myself with as much detail as possible, in the hope to help others in the future

My guide is here - [Only for registered users... ]

In terms of my original question in regard to the US sidelights not turning on, there was another option that I needed to enable. The option was GEDIMMT_BLK_BEGRENZ_LICHT and set to aktiv . With this option, plus the SIDEMARKER_US set to aktiv, the US sidelights on my E46 now work

Old 02-25-2017, 05:31 PM

Car: E36 & E46 Coupes

Have you had a look at the NCSDummy tool? I think it also ticks the other lines that need doing when you change some options and you can customise its templates. I used it while taking the buffer out of my E36 Dash temp gauge and customised it with the new temps settings. I could do it in notepad but adding to the template makes things easily repeatable / reversible

Free Gas Kit* fitted to free 328*
*Based on ROI period exceeded