BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2014, 01:31 AM

Car: 535xi LCI
Question Newbie - Need help removing SOS Call System Malfunction Error on E60 LCI

Hi guys,

I am new to the process of BMW Coding and I wanted to get some guidance on how to start.

My E60 535xi LCI came with CCC navigation and Bluetooth/voice command integrated. Last year around July, I started getting the SOS error, which would disable the voice command and the Bluetooth functionality. As it stand right now, the error pops up every time I start the car. I no longer have BT or voice command working. From my semi extensive reading and research I think the issue lies on a bad TCU. Since I don't want to spend on a new TCU (since I am not 100% sure that is the problem) and I read that it also requires coding for it to work, for now I want to go down the path of trying to stop displaying the error rather than fixing it.

I read that with NCSExpert, through what's called the COMBI interface, I can modify the car's coding so the system doesn't try to alert me of that issue every time I start the car.

For months I have been playing with INPA, and I got my laptop configured to work and talk to the car. I have read that this is a step required to work before getting into NCSExpert.

I have also read that while working with NCSExpert, the battery might drain.. How can I solve that? How long does it usually take to program the combi?

What tools do I need? Where do I start?

Thanks for any help!

Old 02-02-2016, 08:58 PM

Car: 520d

Hi Megamacx,

I'm new to this forum (long time reader / lurker but only joined up recently) but in a similar position to you.

I have the SOS error for a different reason; I upgraded my 2008 520d to a NBT head unit which in turn causes this error. Now, I don't have any experience in coding and I'm only repeating what the guy whom sold me the head unit said:

To fix your SOS issue you need to do the following:

Need DCAN cable and NCS expert software, read your car’s FA (vehicle order) add -TELD and code kombi (cluster) in expert mode. This will disable the SOS error.

Doing a bit of research online suggests that might be part of the solution but elsewhere I've read that adding +TELD to the VO is the solution. So ... a bit confused really.

Did you manage to code it in the end? Did you use +TELD or -TELD? Or does anyone else know the definitive solution to this?

My cable arrives tomorrow and this is the first thing I'll be looking into. Any help much appreciated.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:56 AM

Car: 2008 335Xi

I am trying to do the exact same thing....I tried -TELD but that did not change anything.

J
Old 04-30-2016, 06:27 PM

Car: E90

remove from the VO the code that represents the SOS feature