BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2014, 01:35 PM

Car: E60 535D
Default Progman Bricked my CAS2 on E60

Hi after running Progman on my car trying to update the vin on a used SZL which i recently fitted the program insisted on updating a few more modules at the same time, now my CAS2 is bricked due to power supply issues which crashed the update i believe!

What are my options going forward?

Can I re flash with Winkfp? if so how will I determine the current zusb / or which ECU family should I choose?

The car is a 2004 E60 535d,

Thanks & any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

Old 09-28-2014, 04:23 PM

Anyone able to help? am I looking at a new CAS module or is there another option?
Old 09-28-2014, 08:31 PM

Tried to re-flash the CAS with Winkfp but I enter the ZB number & I get error 704: Error on dertimining the ZB number, Check file assembly,

May bee I have the wrong Daten files?
Old 02-02-2015, 09:56 AM

Car: e60 520d Msport, 630i Msport
Default Fix for brided CAS e60

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_cowen View Post
Hi after running Progman on my car trying to update the vin on a used SZL which i recently fitted the program insisted on updating a few more modules at the same time, now my CAS2 is bricked due to power supply issues which crashed the update i believe!

Can I re flash with Winkfp? if so how will I determine the current zusb / or which ECU family should I choose?

If you connect inpa go to e60 and check the identification to see if ur car can talk to laptop ifh009 open the car door and try again... Opening door primes the modules.. If u get a response on this or u if F3 in e60 you can recode ur bricked cas as I just did it with winkfp. The secret is opening the door just before you run it and it will connect even to a bricked cas and flash

Found this out by error solved my issue :) no need for main dealer
Old 02-02-2015, 09:57 AM

Car: e60 520d Msport, 630i Msport
Default Fix for brided CAS e60

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_cowen View Post
Hi after running Progman on my car trying to update the vin on a used SZL which i recently fitted the program insisted on updating a few more modules at the same time, now my CAS2 is bricked due to power supply issues which crashed the update i btelieve!

If you connect inpa go to e60 and check the identification to see if ur car can talk to laptop ifh009 open the car door and try again... Opening door primes the modules.. If u get a response on this or u if F3 in e60 you can recode ur bricked cas as I just did it with winkfp. The secret is opening the door just before you run it and it will connect even to a bricked cas and flash

Found this out by error solved my issue :) no need for main dealer