BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2016, 02:49 PM

Car: 540iT e39
Default program LCM & recode EGS with correct VIN

Howdy all - just recently got into this with PA Soft, but I think I've got to go deeper to solve my problems.

I have a e39 2000 540iT wagon. Two specific things:
1 - installed updated European tail lights (with LED). was fortunate enough to read on forums about the difference in the voltage, so I got the donor car's LCM as well. install went fine, used PA Soft to reset the VIN & mileage on the new LCM, no issues. however, the previous owner coded the LCM to use the european pattern for the tail lights. the LEDs light bars on the tail gate only light with the turn signals (not with the brakes). I want the light bars to all light up with the brakes. what software do I need to do this? NCS expert?
2 - from vehicle history, I suspected the EGS module was replaced, and found when using PA Soft for the tail lights, I noticed that the EGS has the wrong VIN. PA Soft doesn't allow for the changing of this VIN. I think this explains why my tiptronic doesn't work (I can't change gears manually). again, what software do I need to do this? NCS expert?

I am hesitant to get too deep into NCS expert - seems to be a lot of computer skills I don't have (even with the NCS expert for dummies). But, I don't think the local dealer will be able to do this, or will charge me $$$ to do it.

Any advice? Anyone near Greenville SC and want a case of beer / other favor to do this programming? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by frby98; 04-08-2016 at 02:54 PM.

Old 04-16-2016, 09:41 PM

Car: 2002 525it, 2002 325ci, 2003 x5 3.0i

Hi,
I have a 2002 525it wagon with front xenon front lights and celis rear lights I am attaching my light control module's TRC file so you can load it into NCS Dummy and compare it to yours. unzip my file to your desktop or wherever you like.

use NCS expert to read and write modules, NCS Dummy to edit modules.
Only use DIS/GT1, SSS Progman, or WinKFP to write ECU/EGS

In NCS Dummy:
Select e39 for the chassis
Select LCM.C19 for the module
Select FSW_PSW.TRC ( navigate to my file)

And for the transmission you may want to look at this, instructions are on page 2 post number 24. Now if I recall you can correct the Vin while updating your egs software. I used DIS/GT1

[Only for registered users... ]

PM me if you want..... Dan