BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 08:43 PM

Car: 06 325i
Default Programming Modules (FRM2) with WinKFP

Hello,

I have a e90 and I am upgrading the FRM to FRM2. I cannot seem to find a DIY to program a used module to your VIN using WinKFP. I haven't used that program before and would appreciate any help.

Questions I have are:
How do I program the module to my VIN using WinKFP?
Is tool32 necessary?

When I get this figured out, I will contribute to the forum with a DIY for other people.

Here is all of the information I have found on other threads:

DESI4Life10 posted this:

It can be done. I have gone from an FrM1 to FRM 2..
Basically:
- you need to install the new frm
- use win kfp to program the module to your vin
-tool32 to write the vin to the module
-go to ncs expert, write the cas vo to the nfrm module
-go back (where it says cas, frm,nfrm) and select nfrm
-validate that it shows your vin and vo
- you will then have to simulate the new module (only needed for frm 2..frm 3 does it automatically)
-in the vo just remove your production date and put 0307 click ok
-the read your nfrm module and code the module using expertmode profile.
-this will load all default values into the new nfrm module and your done
-just remember to simulate the 0307 production date whenever you want to code the nfrm

and

f00gami posted this:

The basic steps:
1) Remove FRM, install FRM2.
2) Use WinKFP to program the module, make sure to enter your VIN-number before programming.
3) Switch to NCS-EXPERT. Get your Vehicle Order from the CAS module (as we are unsure of what the FRM2 module contains.
4) Write the Vehicle Order to module "FRM" using job "FA_WRITE"
5) Go back to the main menu (or restart ncs-expert) and get the vehicle order from the "NFRM" module. Make sure NFRM returns YOUR VIN and YOUR VO. We want the VIN (FG) and VO (FA) to be the same in both CAS and NFRM.
6) You now need to do the trick described by 4711 a couple of posts back, i.e. change the production date in the VO to at least #0307. If you don't do this, ncs-expert will not list NFRM (=FRM2) in the "Process ECU"-list and you won't be able to code it. Change the VO using the "Enter FA" option - remove your production date and enter #0307 (meaning march 2007).
7) Now click "Process ECU" and select "NFRM"
8) Switch to a profile which supports FSW_PSW manipulation and code the module using an empty FSW_PSW.MAN.