BMW ICOM NEXT | BMW NBT EVO FSC Codes | BMW NBT & CIC FSC Codes | BMW Rheingold , ISTA/P, KSD, ETK remote installation | BMW STANDARD TOOLS remote installation | BMW ESYS remote installation
Go Back   BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles. > BMWelcome > BMW coding and programming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 01:53 AM

Car: Mini Cooper S
Default R56 Datens??

Hi,

I just purchased a cable and NCS Expert software from ebay. They provided pretty good instructions and all went well. My question is that I do not see R56 in the DATENS file... only R50. I'm guessing this is an old version. Can someone tell me what DATENS I should use for my R56 Mini Cooper S? Also, would I just copy the folder into the current DATENS directory?

Thanks!

Old 09-11-2012, 04:44 AM

Car: Mini R50
Red face

I'm just starting to get into this madness, :) , I have an R50 so it's a bit easier going here. just starting to pick through the info here. looked all over the place for a good forum on the subject and so far this is it...

I also bought a cable via ebay but found that the software here in this forum was more complete, you might check the programing software downloads and see if they have more intact files.

they'll show you how to back up and use your files as a starting point as well.

hope this gives you a useful clue or two.

best